The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How do I get this drumsound? Dynamic Microphones
Old 8th September 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokushoka View Post
Ringo Star, on like every Beatles track.
So are we talking about a cig box or a single pack box? Duck taped on the inside side of the bass drum close to the kick head filled with something heavy?
Old 8th September 2006
Gear Addict

i thought it was on the snare?
Old 8th September 2006
Lives for gear

that's what i thought too
Old 8th September 2006
Gear Addict

holy smokes..this **** is ill!!
Old 10th September 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboyrock View Post
A cigarette packet full of pins, nails etc was used for dampening the snare.
JBR
Do the pins and nails not also add noise rather than just act as dampening, is that part of the end sound?
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeline-rec View Post
i thought it was on the snare?
It was, and that was what the discussion was about. Apparently, they used a certain brand of cigs with a certain number in the pack. I don't know the details of this, however.
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
http://hothotheat.com/video.php

some videos of hot hot heat working with sardy....you might find something outheh
That vocal sound, slightly overdriven Neve pre's, gives me goose bumps every time! I love that sound! It's all over the Wolfmother disk too.

I really like the Wolfmother disk
Old 10th September 2006
Gear Addict

Check out www.drumdoctors.com
&
http://www.drumdoctors.com/coolstuff.htm

I'm sure you'll find your answer if you call Ross and ask. He works with Sardy all the time for drum sounds.
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5 View Post
That vocal sound, slightly overdriven Neve pre's, gives me goose bumps every time! I love that sound! It's all over the Wolfmother disk too.

I really like the Wolfmother disk

.......dude it is so tough to find out anything about sardy...........imo. he is one of the best producers/mixers of the world but when you "google" his name you always end up with very little info....................(try to google andy wallace.......there are 2 pictures of this guy on the web.....).

So i was very happy about what i found out in these videos..........did you see that one mic that was basically 1 feet up in the air over the kick drum......pointing at the drummer?

I guess Sardy only uses u67 and u47 anyways................well some 421 too prolly......

anyways,

i'm out

cheers

alex
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
So i was very happy about what i found out in these videos..........did you see that one mic that was basically 1 feet up in the air over the kick drum......pointing at the drummer?
alex

No, but I'll go back and check it out!
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

i just spend too much too much time on gs.....or in front of the computer.........all my friends are trying to get laid, i am happy about a fu$$ing video snippet............something's wrong with me....heh

cheers.
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
i just spend too much too much time on gs.....or in front of the computer.........all my friends are trying to get laid, i am happy about a fu$$ing video snippet............something's wrong with me....heh

cheers.

You're among like minded people heh
Old 10th September 2006
NO DOUBT...

studio tan it is.
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
where's 20-30 ms on a 1176?
it's pretty long for an 1176. about 12 oclock maybe. i know the quickest attack is about 3 microseconds.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search