The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient 4816 users - need help with cue sends
Old 30th April 2013
Lives for gear

Audient 4816 users - need help with cue sends

Hoping an Audient 4816 user can help me out here. I'm having problems getting a stereo cue send sent out of the desk to my headphone amp, I can only seem to get cue sends through my headphones in mono.

I have my headphone amp (L & R inputs) cabled to the FOLDBACK A L&R outputs on the desk. I'm using the CUE A sends on each channel, and engaging CUE A L&R in the STUDIO/FOLDBACK section. Some of the channels I'm sending from are panned either hard left or right, however all I am receiving in the headphones is mono. Have tried both pre and post cue sends.

I've tried assigning CUE A on each channel to the small fader path and using the pan control there, but still no luck.

I know I can get a stereo mix in the headphones if I engage the control room mix in the STUDIO/FOLDBACK section, but that would also send any long fader movements which I don't want to do. Anyone with a 4816 help me out?
Old 30th April 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Steve,

Cue A and Cue B are actually mono sends pre/post fader.

In your case you are looking to set them as prefade and then use Cue A as left and Cue B as right. Switch Cue A left and Cue B right down in the foldback section and then use the two cue knobs as a left and right level...

I'm not at work right now so there may be another way I have forgotten but there are no post pan sends on the console so you need to 'pan' the headphone mix also.

It might seem like an odd way of doing it, but LCR headphone mixes normally work pretty well in my world, so its either the Cue A or Cue B knob or set both the same for C.

I hope that helps.

Best,
Tom
Old 30th April 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks so much for your quick reply Tom! Ah, they are mono sends so I will try your suggestion using the CUE A and B sends to set up my L/R levels. I'm heading out the door right now away from the console but when I get back in this afternoon for a session I will try things out and report back.

EDIT- that's got it working for me Tom, thanks. If you do think of another way as well, please let me know via PM, always interested in learning about the various routing possibilities with the console, it is very flexible in that regard!

Cheers

Steve Lindsay
Old 15th May 2013
A useful tip (at least for me)
To have a different mix between foldback A and B, I did this: patching the aux out 5 in ext in 2 left, and aux out 6 in ext in 2 right. In this way I can add ext 2 on foldback A, or in B, setting the level with aux 5/6 in channel strip.
Actually, who uses more than 4 auxes and more than one ext in nowadays?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search