The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Patchbay Labeling (Excel? Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 28th August 2006
Gear Addict

Patchbay Labeling (Excel?

Does anyone here have an excel template that would work for a 96 point bantom bay?
I suck at using excel and am not sure the best way to go about this.
Thanks
Old 29th August 2006
Lives for gear

wow I was gonna make this same post yesterday.

It sucks that excel doesn't have a ruler. Everything goes by pixels.

I found the right pixel width to be between 35 and 40 pixels. It took me printing about 10 sheets before I got it right. I guess it would vary on the size of your font and the length of the words.

But try and mess around in the 35-40 pxel range
Old 29th August 2006
I've got an excel file for my 96 point TT bay. PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. It works well for me.

EDIT: It's 2011 and I still get requests for this document. I unfortunately no longer have these files.

Ben
Old 29th August 2006
Gear Nut

Funny enough, Excel doesn't do it very well, but Word does.

Set up a page for landscape mode.

Then use the "table" feature to make a wide table, then use the ruler to get the cells to the right size.
Old 29th August 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
sean that link is no good
Old 29th August 2006
Lives for gear

no it's plenty good...but the neutrik site seems to be down. it'll work eventually. unless neutrik went bankrupt and cancelled their web site.
Old 29th August 2006
Link is working now
thanks!
Old 29th August 2006
Lives for gear
I've got one also, that perfectly fits Switchcraft 96TT plastic label holders. If you need it, email me.
Old 10th October 2006
ODZ
Gear Nut

AARRGH!!! I just spent a couple of days building some f'n excel spreadsheets for an SSL patchfield and a REDCO patchfield, which BTW have these jacked up spacings per pair, made it a frikin nightmare! thanks for the link seaneldon. I didn't even venture into WORD, the scum, maybe I should have. I generally like to do thing the hard way anyway. Glutton for punishment and all.
Old 10th October 2006
Lives for gear
funny thing.....the standard excel spacing in a new spreadsheet fits my 1/4" patchbay perfectly.........
Old 10th October 2006
ODZ
Gear Nut

jerk - fuuck
Old 10th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just spent a couple of days building some f'n excel spreadsheets for an SSL patchfield and a REDCO patchfield, which BTW have these jacked up spacings per pair, made it a frikin nightmare!
Is that the Signex bay, the one with the D-Sub connectors on the back and the jacks spaced in pairs? If so, could you PM me if you wouldn't mind sharing that? I was on the verge of getting the finest-tipped pen I could get my hands on and labelling it by hand...and my writing's not that good.

-Duardo
Old 10th October 2006
ODZ
Gear Nut

It is the DB25-bantam bay, with the normalling/grounding switches. Pretty sweet product, 2U for 96 points, but....

No prob on the PM, the docs are in my work computer so I won't be able to get to it til tommorrow (Tues), but sure thing.
Old 24th October 2008
Gear Head

Mike h!

Hi can u send that Switchcraft tt9625 temp you are talking about? Thanks!

[email protected]
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by circa70 View Post
Hi can u send that Switchcraft tt9625 temp you are talking about? Thanks!

[email protected]
I sent it.
If you don't get it, let me know.
Old 25th October 2008
Gear Maniac

i have an excel template for an ADC punchdown 96 point bay if anyone needs it go ahead and PM.
Old 25th October 2008
Lives for gear

Circa: I have a Switchcraft 9625 template in excel if you need one as well.
Old 25th October 2008
Lives for gear

That link doesn't work anymore.....but it is here now>

Neutrik - Audio - NPPA 96 Bantam (TT) Jacks

You have to click on the 'Patchlabel Program' on the upper right side of the page.
Old 26th October 2008
Gear Nut

For my patch bay I went into a word doc and changed it into landscape. I then typed an entire row of x's without spacing. When I printed it out I just took it my patchbay and circled the x's that were in the right place. After that I went back to my word doc and filled in the right information where my circled x's were. Patchbay labeling sucks, but in the end, this worked for me. The hard part for me was cutting the strips thin enough
Old 26th October 2008
Lives for gear

The size of the text you see on the screen is going to be the same size as the text that you will print out, so really all you have to do is use you're eyes and make an easy, but close guess.
Old 9th May 2009
Here for the gear

could someone email me the switchcraft [email protected]
Old 9th May 2009
Lives for gear
emailed
Old 2nd June 2009
Gear Head

Patchbay label

Anyone Have one for the SSL patchbay for the E console?
the older version of the ssl patch bay is what I am looking for

I am also trying to not make not Only #'s like

Channel Line inputs and then number it im trying to add inserts like

LA-2A
1 In 2 a template! like that would help much!

[email protected] if anyone has this!

THANKS!
Old 27th July 2009
Lives for gear

I'd love a 9625 template!!

[email protected]

Thanks all!!!!
Old 10th September 2009
HB1
Here for the gear

redco

hey all,

yeah, same problem over here, as i'm using a mac and the redco db25 96pt patchbay apparently won't print properly. r...

if someone could please email me a working template, it would save me from pulling out what hair i have left at this point.

thanks, howiebeck at gmail.com
Old 10th September 2009
Gear Nut

Yeah, My wife is doing it in Indesign for me, It's a pain, but coming out nice. After we print it on paper I was going to use this sticky back clear laminating sheet . Stick that to the paper then spray mount the back of it and stick it to the PB.
Old 10th September 2009
Gear Addict

I have made a patchbay template for my 96pt TT bays with Excel, color coded, with names and numbers. I just print out the ones I need, cut them out, and put them under the plastic sleeves on the bays. It looks very good, and can easily be modified for the various bays. If anyone is interested, I can post it here so you can just modify the type and colors for your gear. How would I post it here?
Old 11th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscannon View Post
I have made a patchbay template for my 96pt TT bays with Excel, color coded, with names and numbers. I just print out the ones I need, cut them out, and put them under the plastic sleeves on the bays. It looks very good, and can easily be modified for the various bays. If anyone is interested, I can post it here so you can just modify the type and colors for your gear. How would I post it here?
I'd be interested. If you can't get it posted to the group, feel free to email it to me directly.
Old 11th September 2009
Lives for gear

i have excel sheets for

neutrik NYS 1/4" bays

and

neutrik NPPA - TT - PT
96 pt bantam

They too are color coded, easy to change labelling. I usually print them out, laminate them then put them under plastic sleeves if the bay has them. works great

pm if interested

most important thing when using excel is to look at the print preview page, thats what its going to turn out like, sometimes its largely different to the actual spreadsheet
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search