The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Patchbay Labeling (Excel? Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrat View Post
Okay, I've got the same problem. Only I'm looking for an Xcel template for Audio Accessories 2RU 96 point TT patchfield, the one with the small gap in the center. Anybody got anything along those lines? Help much appreciated in advance.
Ask Mister Patchbay!
Old 1st March 2014
Anyone know if any of these templates work with redco bays?
Old 20th April 2014
Lives for gear
I'm looking for the excel template for the switchcraft 9626 patchbay as well. Would be greatly appreciated if someone could email it to me at [email protected].
Old 21st April 2014
Gear Head

Rack Writer

If you have the extra rack space these work great - I have 3

Rack Writer, 19 inch EIA rack mounted dry erase blank filler panel. Home page

You can layout lines with a sharpie and use dry erase for the variables - you can erase the sharpie by going over it with a dry erase marker to soften it up if you need to (according to the directions - I have not tried that yet)
Old 21st April 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone have one that works for Redco 96 TT the one with spaced pairs??

I use excel one I found somewhere and it never lines up because the Redco one has those spaced banks and for whatever reason I have to do manual cutting and pasting by hand to make it line up.
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

You can label a patch bay?!

Sincerely,
80% of every studio owner/engineer that I've ever worked in the same room with.
Old 23rd May 2014
Engagement Manager

Looking for a Mosses & Mitchell 96 point spaced pairs template if anyone has one
Old 2nd January 2015
Here for the gear

Patchbay Labelling

I know this is an old thread, but I just developed a program to label patchbays. Its pretty sweet. My company installs recording studios and I have tried many different ways to label patchbays, and I decided someone needed to write a program. Anyway, you can check it out at aztecpatchbay.com or drop me a line if you have any questions.
Old 11th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecpatchbay View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I just developed a program to label patchbays. Its pretty sweet. My company installs recording studios and I have tried many different ways to label patchbays, and I decided someone needed to write a program. Anyway, you can check it out at aztecpatchbay.com or drop me a line if you have any questions.
Nice work. I went through the pain of XLS and hand measuring. And micro fonts that are horrible under low light. Next time I will try this
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecpatchbay View Post

I was curious about your download page on your site where you can either download the installer, or buy a Patchbay Editor Pro license. If you buy the license, does this include a working version of Office or Excel? I currently use Open Office for most things. I really need to use something like your software, if it works. What would be the best way for me to proceed?
Old 13th January 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoxxx View Post
I was curious about your download page on your site where you can either download the installer, or buy a Patchbay Editor Pro license. If you buy the license, does this include a working version of Office or Excel? I currently use Open Office for most things. I really need to use something like your software, if it works. What would be the best way for me to proceed?
Hi, you need a working copy of office or excel 2010 or 2013 which is needed for my software to run. My software license if for my software only, not office or excel. The best way for you to proceed, is to have ms office 2010 or 2013 on a pc, then purchase a license for my patch bay software.
Edit Report Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Old 13th January 2015
Here for the gear

Hi, you need a working copy of office or excel 2010 or 2013 which is needed for my software to run. My software license if for my software only, not office or excel. The best way for you to proceed, is to have ms office 2010 or 2013 on a pc, then purchase a license for my patch bay software.
Old 13th January 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_deli View Post
Nice work. I went through the pain of XLS and hand measuring. And micro fonts that are horrible under low light. Next time I will try this
Thanks man!
Let me know how you like it
Old 13th January 2015
Here for the gear

Cool! Let me know if you like it!
Old 26th July 2015
Lives for gear

As a Linux user I'm fed up with trying to get Libre Office / Open Office (spreadsheet software a la Excel) to do what I want. So I've made version 1.0.0 of a patchbay labels template. This one is for my 144pt ADC patchbays, but with some work you could resize it for other bays (or ask me really nicely to do it for you).

These labels use Dia - a Drawing program. Dia is free-as-in-free software, available on Linux, Mac and Windows.

Dia draws your structured diagrams: Free Windows, Mac OS X and Linux version of the popular open source program

There are 8 patchbay templates per page. I've included png, pdf and svg versions below, for those who hate Dia and have some way of using the other formats.

And if you haven't used Dia before, you will probably hate it. It's like Visio, but awesome (whereas Visio is awful). Anybody who likes crappy powerless software always hates Dia.

This is not the place for a Dia tutorial, but there are some screenshots below showing examples of editing the patchbay labels, customizing them, colouring them, etc. If you have questions about Dia, the mailing list is full of helpful people:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Dia/Contact

Questions, corrections, bug reports, requests, etc are welcome. PM or email me (jtienhaara AT yahoo DOT com).

Cheers and happy labelling all,

Johann

Zip file containing the dia file, pdf, png, svg:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...1&d=1437867614

Editing the label templates in Dia at 400% zoom:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template1_640x360.png

Zooming in closer:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template2_640x360.png

800% zoom:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template3_640x360.png

Showing the grey cell guideline layers:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template4_guidelines_640x360.png

Customizing the labels:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template5_640x360.png

An example -- the current state of my work-in-progress patchbay labels:
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_example_patchbays_640x360.png
Attached Thumbnails
Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-patchbay_label_templates_1.0.0.png   Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_example_patchbays_640x360.png   Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template1_640x360.png   Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template2_640x360.png   Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template3_640x360.png  

Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template4_guidelines_640x360.png   Patchbay Labeling (Excel?-screenshot_template5_640x360.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf patchbay_label_templates_1.0.0.pdf (60.5 KB, 595 views) File Type: zip patchbay_label_templates_1.0.0.zip (210.8 KB, 753 views)
Old 7th August 2017
Here for the gear

Hello Anyone still have this excel template for switchcraft 9625? [email protected] Thanks!
Old 22nd February 2018
Here for the gear

Thanks!
very nice !!

Old 23rd January 2019
Gear Maniac

Sorry for the necrobump, but has anyone found a label maker/template for the NPPA series yet?
preferably for OSX? (the one I've found was Windows only)

Thanks!
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I use Word files. They are clunky, and take some time to get to align with your printer, but they work.

Create tables, and test the printing for width. Set the column width until it works.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search