The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can 1 personalone make a hit or does it take a team
Old 27th August 2006
Gear Nut

Can 1 personalone make a hit or does it take a team

I have been the artist until last year when i started getting into recording as well. Im curious to make a hit record being the artist and producer as yourself, does it take a good team or is it possible to do it all by yourself
Old 27th August 2006
Lives for gear
There is no "I" in hit!

Old 27th August 2006
Gear Maniac

You could cut the track by yourself but I'm willing to bet you that you could not turn it into a hit unless you have an army of lawyers, p.r. people and lots of money.
Old 27th August 2006
Motown legend

It takes more than that!

I don't know of anybody who has done so without a pretty experienced team.
Old 27th August 2006
Lives for gear

Yes. If you've got it in you and are willing to do what it takes.
Old 27th August 2006
Lives for gear

cmbsounds, you're talking about whether it's possible to be an artist/producer with hits? You're not talking about also being the engineer, the publicist, the lawyer, the agent, etc. etc.?

If yes, then, yes, provided you're Prince, Brian Wilson, Todd Rundgren, Marvin Gaye...
Old 28th August 2006
Lives for gear

You can write and record all the hits you want, but until you get them into the market, thew won't be hits. That's where networking comes into play. If you're getting your songs picked up by TAXI, or you're a local hero in the music scene, the networking will result from those activities. If not, you've got work to do.
Old 28th August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruffleKing View Post
There is no "I" in hit!

Isn't the word HIT spelled....H....I...T..?
Old 28th August 2006
Lives for gear

i dont know about America, but recently in the UK charts, songs have been making it to No.1 off the back off MySpace publicity and downloads.

There's a real punk ethic right now - **** the marketing men, **** the big labels and I presume **** the team who are all out to make money off the back of your talent
Old 28th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
Isn't the word HIT spelled....H....I...T..?
I think he was having some fun with that, but, there's no team in I. Is that better?
Old 28th August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSergeantD View Post
I think he was having some fun with that, but, there's no team in I. Is that better?
I think you mean there is no "I" in team right?

(And i kinda figured that it was just corny).
Old 28th August 2006
Lives for gear

I have made several million on hits I have done myself, with no help. (ITB)

Im just not allowed to tell anyone, its contract, that I would lose all the money if I did.
Old 28th August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic Cloud View Post
Im just not allowed to tell anyone, its contract, that I would lose all the money if I did.
Wait a minute you just told us you've made several million on hits you've done by yourself (ITB)?

Does that mean bye-bye Bentley?
Old 28th August 2006
MDK
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogWai View Post
i dont know about America, but recently in the UK charts, songs have been making it to No.1 off the back off MySpace publicity and downloads.

There's a real punk ethic right now - **** the marketing men, **** the big labels and I presume **** the team who are all out to make money off the back of your talent

Thats f-ing awesome. thumbsup
I like it.

as much as I would love that to happen here, I doubt it ever will. fuuck
Old 28th August 2006
Gear Nut

WOW YOU ARE GOOOOD MILLIONS OF HITS THATS MEANS YOU MUST MAKE A 20 TRACK HIT ALBUM EVERY SINGLE DAY....AND PLUS TO HAVE TIME TO BS ON GEARSLUTZ...WOW IM IMPRESSED THAT IS REAL TALENT
Old 28th August 2006
Gear Nut

i think he said several millions of dollars worth of hits, not millions of hits.
Old 29th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor View Post
I think you mean there is no "I" in team right?

(And i kinda figured that it was just corny).
Nope, I meant it how I said it. Had to be juxtaposed for the subject of this thread
Old 29th August 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoustic Cloud View Post
I have made several million on hits I have done myself, with no help. (ITB)

Too bad you can't tell anyone cause then you could actually get some work from other people. Oh well. Did you have a girlfriend over the summer also, but she moved to Canada so we can't check that out?
Old 29th August 2006
Lives for gear

Yea, me to I make a million every week, except it's top secret who I am. But even though it's top secret do you all think I'm the bomb? Yes? They like me, they really, really like me!

bcgood

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search