The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Heritage Audio DMA73.. Who's got one? Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 6th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Goodin View Post
Old Thread, but I wanted to comment. I just returned two HA 73jrs to Sweetwater because one crapped out in about two months. I couldn't match the two units level together and the DI would not work with my five other modules in my three month old API 10 slot.

When I asked Sweetwater about it they said pull out some of the other modules and see what happens, sure enough the DI on both HA 73jrs came back.

I sent back both units and the rack version is arriving on Tuesday. God I hope there's nothing wrong the rack unit. I loved the tone I was getting with the HA JRs, but it sucks they only worked right two months.

I always thought the power supply thing with the 500 series was a myth until now.

API has a list of Modules that will work they're power supply for 500 series, but I've kind soured on 500 series Pre amps.

I'll let you guys know how the Heritage DMA treats me.
By all means keep us informed. For the life of me I can't get my head around these companies releasing products with operational problems, compatibility problems, bad power cables, to uneven gain structuring between the channels. All of these issues should have been addressed in R&D. Who cares how good it sounds if it's unreliable and one is constantly running back and forth shipping the unit back to them to be fixed. All of these issues shows a lack of attention to detail with more time spent on the marketing end and not enough time getting the unit right. And there are a few companies that make great sounding products "whose names I won't mention" whose products are simply unreliable. When you're spending your hard earned money reliability issues and excuses are unacceptable. At least in my book.

Let us know, thanks.
Old 6th March 2014
Jai guru deva om

Just FYI, we have sold plenty of Heritage Audio units in 500 and otherwise, and have never had a single issue reported back to us negatively. Quite the contrary in fact, just people loving how they sound and function.

I know Doc has an experience that is at least tied to other 500 modules in a power supply unit and we will never know exactly what is to blame other than it is a "shared" issue. It could very easily be the other units who are guilty of excessive power draw etc (I commented in at least one other thread about this).

This info lives forever on the internet though, so I sure wish Sweetwater or Heritage could get their hands on that rig and find out the real deal if it's going to be part of people's buying decisions from here forward.

I just searched every single Heritage Audio order I have ever processed and none show returns, just to be sure.

War
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Great Pre!

Had it since NOV 2014. Sounds like "money" when used properly. No regrets on this purchase so far. Nice features with solid construction. You can also run your DAW mix through the line inputs which helps with proper gain staging. Again, a fantastic tool at a fair price.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search