Old 18th March 2013
Fears No Gear

Tonelux otb16

Users who have it. What do you think?
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear
It's a very straightforward well-engineered piece. The sound is definitely in that API area of things, punchy with a nice sizzle on top. Mixes gain small amount of 3 dimensionality and the transformers impart a nice shimmer.

However, I am selling mine because I've realised going OTB just doesn't suit my work flow, (too much re-patching) so it's not seeing enough action.
Old 18th March 2013
Gear maniac

I have an otb 16. I like it a lot. Much better than summing itb. Sounds huge and punchy. Calibrating it can be a pain in the rear for stereo channels, but other than that I enjoy having a gain knob, really helps with using outboard.
Old 18th March 2013
Jai guru deva om

It's one of the few featured summing devices in our Clipalator, having spent the day with it side by side with other units, I would agree with the descriptions of punch and presence. One of the nicer, more straight-forward summing mixers for sure that definitely brings tone too.

Old 18th March 2013
Gear Addict

I'm curious if there is any difference between this unit and a vrack loaded with 16 channels of fx2s.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear
You don't get the cut buttons but does it sound the same? Quite possibly.

Last edited by automatom; 19th March 2013 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: error
Old 19th March 2013
Fears No Gear

Anybody else?
Old 27th August 2014
Love it... calibration is a thing, but it's now part of my morning ritual and I don't really think about it... I've been considering a 2 channel attenuator to put after the monitor outs, as I'd like the option to skip the Tonelux transformers and head straight into a vibey eq. Wish there was an option or easy mod for faders for this thing.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search