The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone try an Ehrlund microphone Condenser Microphones
Old 1st March 2013
Gear Head

Anyone try an Ehrlund microphone

Anyone try a ehrlund microphone ?
Not much on them.
Old 1st March 2013
Actually have never heard them, it would be cool to find out more and also if the entire microphone is made in Sweden....
Old 2nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtiksix View Post
Actually have never heard them, it would be cool to find out more and also if the entire microphone is made in Sweden....
You may like to read up about it here and here.
Old 3rd April 2013
Gear Head

EHR-M

If you are in the NY area we have a demo unit available, it's the EHR-M
we can go against U87 and Manley Gold. PM if interested!
Old 3rd April 2013
Lives for gear

I'll also be getting in a couple of EHR-M demo units in a few days, if you are in the Austin, Texas area. The triangular mic capsule is based on their work using a triangular contact pickup for acoustic instruments, which is pretty natural sounding.
Old 3rd April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatikmusic View Post
If you are in the NY area we have a demo unit available, it's the EHR-M
we can go against U87 and Manley Gold. PM if interested!
PM sent.
Old 15th May 2013
Lives for gear

Here are some 1270 dpi photos of the EHR-M:

<Ehrlund EHR-M Cardioid Condenser Microphone w/Triangular Capsule>

Also Recording Hacks has some info on them, here:

<Ehrlund Microphones EHR-M | RecordingHacks.com>
Old 11th September 2014
Deleted User
I started out beta test the Ehrlund microphones. Had two Her-M. Toke them to a friends studio and have not seen them since then (except when In worked in his studio)

I work a lot with Ehrlund EHR-M and EHR-T (two outputs). I have one at home now, we have about 6-7 in church (for drums), a friend has about 10 in his studio (bigjambo.com), mainly for drums as it is a drum studio, and another close friend I work much with in his studio has about 15 Ehrlund microphones (the guy I toke my two beta Ehr-M to). He is also reseller of Ehrlund Microphones (Produkter ). So I have some experience of recorded some CDs using Ehrlund microphones. Here is an example of a CD I recently produced using solely Ehrlund Microphones 100% (drums, Hammond, Vocals etc) together with TubeTech Compressors, EQ etc:

CD were I used sololy Ehrlund Microphones... Swedish

Mr Ehrlund himself (that builds the microphones) visited the studio after that and was very pleased with the sound and asked if it could be on his manufacturer site as demo for Ehrlund microphones.

The sound of Her-M is very transparent and works great for rooms etc as it does not lose low end at distance but sounds close everywhere.
Old 8th January 2015
Gear Maniac

I've heard Ehrlund mics for drum recordings as i was present in the studio while material was being mixed, and the sound was more clear than boiled water. Perfect for drums, especially for toms.
Old 31st July 2016
Here for the gear

I have a pair of Ehrlund EHR-T microphones that I recently bought used. Unsure of the correct way to connect to their 5-pin XLR, I email Ehrlund to ask them. Based on the serial numbers, they replied that my mics were prototypes that "are not representative at all for Ehrlund mics". Then they offered to upgrade my microphones for free. I just got them back and they sound superb.

I cannot remember the last time I have seen a company with better customer service or one that better stands behinds its products. Remember, I bought these mics USED. Although I have not yet had the chance to use these microphones very much, I am sure I will use them often because I think so highly of the company. And besides, like I said, they sound wonderful.

These microphones and the Ehrlund company get my highest recommendation.

Paul B. Salamon
Acorn Acoustics
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Old 20th November 2016
Here for the gear
I just bought the E version from Ehrlund and this microphone is quite something on voice. Against a tlm 102, the tlm 102 was dryer and less real than the EHR-E. I'll maybe do a demo soon for vocals.

I've made a short video just so to hear the difference in tone between EHR-E and the SM57, because it is not the same snare drum performance.

Old 6th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leumas Fyzz View Post
I've heard Ehrlund mics for drum recordings as i was present in the studio while material was being mixed, and the sound was more clear than boiled water. Perfect for drums, especially for toms.
Hi. I was given an EHR-M 2 years ago to demo in my studio. Haven't used my u87 since. Just can't believe the transparency and depth of the sound. Captures low mid and highs with great clarity. The Neumann can't keep up with it. Price wise, its hard to beat.... and it can definitely compete with the "holy grails" 251, 49, u47... Granted, they have their own unique colors, but this thing is transparent and therefore allows you to color afterwards if you so desire.

Last edited by mreid4; 6th January 2017 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear
The proof is in the music

Old 27th January 2017
Here for the gear

Lucky Buy

I got very lucky with a facebook group and picked up a pair of the EHR-M, £700 for the pair.

I have a Neumann TLM67, which I love for the warmth and tape driven sound; but I haven't reached for it for vocals in months. The Ehrlund just has this big, open and natural sound. Pair it up with my Warm Audio ToneBeast TB12 and you can colour the sound and drive it to hell, and the EHR-M will still sound fantastic.

I can't get over the clarity and dynamic when recording anything with these puppies, I got a seriously lucky buy and I'm more than grateful.
Old 11th February 2017
Lives for gear
Old 11th February 2017
Gear Nut

Wow...Mr Goldstein, those recordings are quite stunning! What great singers performers...amazing
Thanks for sharing
Eric
Old 23rd July 2017
ASG
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAnanas View Post
I just bought the E version from Ehrlund and this microphone is quite something on voice. Against a tlm 102, the tlm 102 was dryer and less real than the EHR-E. I'll maybe do a demo soon for vocals.

I've made a short video just so to hear the difference in tone between EHR-E and the SM57, because it is not the same snare drum performance.

Yeah but in terms of musicality the 57 sounded fantastic (even though it was way coloured!) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.sellers View Post
I got very lucky with a facebook group and picked up a pair of the EHR-M, £700 for the pair.

I have a Neumann TLM67, which I love for the warmth and tape driven sound; but I haven't reached for it for vocals in months. The Ehrlund just has this big, open and natural sound. Pair it up with my Warm Audio ToneBeast TB12 and you can colour the sound and drive it to hell, and the EHR-M will still sound fantastic.

I can't get over the clarity and dynamic when recording anything with these puppies, I got a seriously lucky buy and I'm more than grateful.
You are a real bastard Will!
Old 23rd July 2017
Deleted User
A time ago I lost one Ehr-M in a bag I forgot at a train station. Of course I was devastated, especially as I bought it 2 weeks earlier (as a stereo complement to my other Ehr-M). Never thought the insurance would pay me for my stupid misstate. But after some months, after I gave up hope, they paid me for it and it also was enough to buy a SSL VHD Preamp to the X-Rack to it.

The Preamps to the Ehrund microphones can be a tricky part as those mica has a such high output and many preamps therefore distort. The SSL preamps works great and there I can't imagine any better sounding combination regardless any price tag.
Old 23rd July 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Prophet View Post
A time ago I lost one Ehr-M in a bag I forgot at a train station. Of course I was devastated, especially as I bought it 2 weeks earlier (as a stereo complement to my other Ehr-M). Never thought the insurance would pay me for my stupid misstate. But after some months, after I gave up hope, they paid me for it and it also was enough to buy a SSL VHD Preamp to the X-Rack to it.

The Preamps to the Ehrund microphones can be a tricky part as those mica has a such high output and many preamps therefore distort. The SSL preamps works great and there I can't imagine any better sounding combination regardless any price tag.
That CD you produced for Eva Marklund sounds great! Was the SSL preamps used? Was it mixed ITB? Very natural drum and vocal sounds.
Old 23rd July 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
That CD you produced for Eva Marklund sounds great! Was the SSL preamps used? Was it mixed ITB? Very natural drum and vocal sounds.
Thank you

It was 100% made with Ehrlund microphones; all drums and percussion (a variety of totally 26 Ehrlund Mics if I remember right), organ (5 EHR-M on the Leslie and room), Rhodes (EHR-M on the speaker cabinet) vocals (EHR-T). The preamps and all processing was Tubetech. Everything was OTB except ProTools HD, reverb and delay and some of the keyboards. It was mastered OTB as well (Tubetech) except limiter. The credits for that part goes to my sound engineer and great friend Anders Köllerfors that worked hard to capture a smooth, rich and natural sound just the way I like it.

Last edited by Deleted User; 23rd July 2017 at 05:30 PM..
Old 23rd July 2017
Lives for gear
I'd want to see a tube version of such a mic. I'm not sure if it would make sense, but that's what I'd like to see.
Old 2nd August 2017
ASG
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyGoldstein View Post
I'd want to see a tube version of such a mic. I'm not sure if it would make sense, but that's what I'd like to see.
Yeah doesn't make sense. Run through a tube pre-amp if you want that colour..

Last edited by ASG; 2nd August 2017 at 11:32 AM..
Old 10th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
The proof is in the music

Sounds awesome, great job all involved!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

The Ehrlund brand is not only one of the newest and best sounding microphones ever made, it is turning heads and changing the minds of long established industry professionals in L.A., NYC, Nashville, and all over Europe. I invite you to ask me anything you want about their products and I can also recommend a dealer near you where you can get a demo in the U.S. here's my email: [email protected]

Best,

Gussie Miller
Artist Endorsee / Marketing & Sales Engineer
Ehrlund U.S.
[email protected]
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

And... Here's the Ehrlund website with U.S. Dealers listed.

Please let me know who is interested in a demo, and where you are located, and i will assist you in getting connected with a sales team in the United States.

#DiscoverClarity #Triangle

Ehrlund Microphones:
http://www.ehrlund.se
[email protected]
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
I would be fascinated by that as well, but honestly, after trying out the EHR-M, I found that even through a clean pre, it has a startling “tube like” dimensionality, 3D holographic sound, that really reminded me of tubes, but quieter and linear, detailed, full bodied sound. Very, VERY impressive!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search