The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lynx Hilo Vs Forssell Mada Vs Lavry DA11 vs Gracedesigns vs Antelope Digital Converters
Old 19th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiop View Post
Yea I have to agree, look at that horrible response! ;-)
I'm glad you enjoy your Aurora at least based on whats on the sheet ;-)
Old 19th April 2016
Here for the gear

I've got Lavry DA11, Mytek 192 DSD & Lynx HILO. Lynx HILO is on the next level comparing with DA11&192DSD. Lynx is the most detailed & transparent DAC I've ever pleasure deal with. It has so natural & very 3D sound! Mytek 192 DSD is on step over DA11. It's smoother a little than Lynx and has less detailed smearing sound on complex music. Its has most less 3D on its sound. Lavry DA11 is less detailed especially on high freq than Mytek but it has more holographic sound.

Last edited by bloodykot; 19th April 2016 at 08:49 PM..
Old 19th April 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykot View Post
I've got Lavry DA11, Mytek 192 DSD & Lynx HILO. Lynx HILO is on the next level comparing with DA11&192DSD. Lynx is the most detailed & transparent DAC I've ever pleasure deal. It has so natural & very 3D sound! Mytek 192 DSD is on step over DA11. It's smoother a little than Lynx and has less detailed smearing sound on complex music. Its has most less 3D on its sound. Lavry DA11 is less detailed especially on high freq than Mytek but it has more holographic sound.
I have heard it said from one Hilo user that the Prism Lyra 2 was more detailed in the mids that the Hilo. Also the Lyra 2 AD was more analog as well but to each their own.
Old 19th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Mastering View Post
I have heard it said from one Hilo user that the Prism Lyra 2 was more detailed in the mids that the Hilo. Also the Lyra 2 AD was more analog as well but to each their own.
Don't listen to audiophoolery nonsense like that is my advice.
Old 19th April 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiop View Post
Don't listen to audiophoolery nonsense like that is my advice.
Just one end users opinion who used the Hilo for over a year then tried the Lyra 2.

To me, it doesn't matter what you use as long as it inspires you.
Old 20th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Mastering View Post
Just one end users opinion who used the Hilo for over a year then tried the Lyra 2.

To me, it doesn't matter what you use as long as it inspires you.
Sure, what I meant is those terms means absolutely nothing. It's not possible to extract any information from it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search