The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bbc am7/11 am7/13
Old 29th January 2013
Here for the gear

Bbc am7/11 am7/13

Hi, I'm a long time lurker - just registered - I was wondering if anyone else out there uses genuine am7/11 or 13 BBC line pre-amps?

We were lucky enough to get hold of 8 high gain and 12 low gain line pre-amps from the demolition of BBC Mancheater on Oxford road last year. We've been running the high gain pres mic pres through a focusrite and been getting great results.

I was interested if anyone else has any experience with them? The only ones I've seen advertised online dont look legit so I'm intrigued how rare there are and if anyone on here with more experience has used them?
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

I also have some BBC AM7/13 modules i want to get modded for mic pre use.

Does anyone have any info/circuits to add full control of the gain?
Old 30th June 2013
Gear Guru

Used to have a pair of the pres racked up. They sounded very sweet indeed, but were also a bit noisy so I ended up selling them. Maybe I should have just overhauled them as it was likely only them being out of spec.
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

Hi
There would be a fair few of them around as they were almost 'obligatory' for many studio setups to provide a BUFFERED signal to feed other areas such that if the signal got shorted or corrupted elsewhere it would not mess up the studio signal.
They may not be the highest od quality as they were in the chain for FM radio broadcast (good enough for that) but not 'state of the art'.
Matt S
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Head

one more owner

Hey quick input here. Its been a while to wake this thread up. i got a rack of these. Did any of you guys manage to do any tests with them?
Attached Thumbnails
Bbc am7/11 am7/13-img_8949.jpg   Bbc am7/11 am7/13-img_8948.jpg   Bbc am7/11 am7/13-screen-shot-2019-02-05-17.04.35.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search