The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
who thinks the manley voxbox is overpriced?? Modular Synthesizers
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_007 View Post
glad you mentioned the 1176...
i bought an original Urei 1176LN-G several years ago at $2500.
honestly, i wouldn't have bought it if i knew i could build one for less than $750 with mnats.

at a very rough estimate, the DIY route offers the opportunity to spend around 30% of the price you would have to spend on the original.

i realise i'm here with the high-end forum, there are stakeholders who make their living with selling overpriced "high-end" audio equipment so i guess posts like this won't become too popular in here...
Well lets see there's the time it takes to learn to build this stuff really well and with due care, the time taken learning to understand how electronics really work so you can test them properly. The cost of buying both the components and case materials machining tools and testing equipment, and the time itself it takes to actually build and test the thing so you know its exactly within tolerance levels. Now work out how much you could have earned during all those lost hours if those hours were spent doing your normal job instead.

...sorry what was your point again?
Old 23rd March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_007 View Post
3) i'm not saying that the owner of the company wouldn't deserve her supercar, i'm very sure all of this is based on hard work as you say.
Actually, that's exactly what you were saying. You resurrected an old thread to accomplish what?

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Manley didn't get a nice car by building crap.

Plenty of Capi threads for you to sing praises too as well.
Old 23rd March 2017
Huh? This post is so weird.... I'd like to see you build a massive passive for 500$! Last I checked company's were started to make money. Her private life is non of our business. She makes quality products and that's that. We have a choice to buy her product or buy the next company's product. End of story.

Last edited by vsthalion; 23rd March 2017 at 03:29 PM..
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepit View Post
her maserati goes 185,
you built your own car and now it won't drive
roflmao
Old 23rd March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlanyard View Post
Actually, that's exactly what you were saying. You resurrected an old thread to accomplish what?

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Manley didn't get a nice car by building crap.

Plenty of Capi threads for you to sing praises too as well.
This
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

this was bizarre. however, i think manley is overpriced in the uk.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search