The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IZ ADA II or DAD AX32 Digital Converters
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by herecomesyourman View Post
Looks cool, but again...I'd probably be fine/faster on a mouse to be honest.

I do think it's logical for them to do this though since their own capture device was of high quality, but ultimately an extra step that slowed the process for me.
RADAR studio is a DAW AND a RADAR.

You can use a mouse.
Old 9th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
iZ RADAR Converters are memorable, special
Can't agree more. Although for acoustic music I have 24 ch of Ultra Nyquist.
It was a tough decision. I also commented that the Ultra Nyquist demo on IZ's site was hissy. It was a bad download. Don't know if they ever fixed it. Anyway. I am very happy although I am torn down at the moment!

Lou
Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Im still on the fence about mergings hapi, those converters sound so damn good. Im gonna see if my generic verison comes out as good( Qes Labs PAD-01 and NPNG)
Old 10th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoEgo View Post
Can't agree more. Although for acoustic music I have 24 ch of Ultra Nyquist.
It was a tough decision. I also commented that the Ultra Nyquist demo on IZ's site was hissy. It was a bad download. Don't know if they ever fixed it. Anyway. I am very happy although I am torn down at the moment!

Lou
Very nice Lou!

I can see why you prefer the Ultra Nyquist Converters for acoustic music. They have a broad image perspective with airy atmospheric sound that is "delicious". It is highly detailed sounding. The Mid range is a little too pushed back for my taste. I can see why this is preferable for certain applications!!

I gravitate towards the Classic Converter cards due to my love affair with the RADAR-V Nyquist machine. I prefer a thicker sound! Those do sound "warmer" or "denser"...more of a solid sound lets say…in the center. Not as broad sounding and cleanly sculpted but firm and "strong" to my ears.

The classic's have a "tape-like" vibe to them.

They sound like the records I like to listen to!

Old 10th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Very nice Lou!

I can see why you prefer the Ultra Nyquist Converters for acoustic music. They have a broad image perspective with airy atmospheric sound that is "delicious". It is highly detailed sounding. The Mid range is a little too pushed back for my taste. I can see why this is preferable for certain applications!!

I gravitate towards the Classic Converter cards due to my love affair with the RADAR-V Nyquist machine. I prefer a thicker sound! Those do sound "warmer" or "denser"...more of a solid sound lets say…in the center. Not as broad sounding and cleanly sculpted but firm and "strong" to my ears.

The classic's have a "tape-like" vibe to them.

They sound like the records I like to listen to!

Yes I think they do sound as you say they do. "The Classic." I even proposed the Ultra and the Classic in the same frame but IZ said they were not compatible. There would be issues. Either way yes the converters are extremely articulate and not hot or bright in any way. They still have that analogue vibe compared to my Apogees I have in a portable rig now. And the head room seems to be like tape itself. I have a lot of tube/xformer heat if needed. Mostly for vocal thickening, or when I track electric and bass I just pull out the Chandler and Manley stuff. When I first heard the Forrsell SMP, Gordon, NPNG....through the ADAII it was home.

Come to think of it the slutty thing to do would be to have 24 channels of the Classic as well and change them out on projects. haha. No too much work. Maybe just another 24 channel ADAII.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search