The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
500 Racks changeover.... 500 Series Preamps
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
They are available without the Marinairs from Purple now.
I beg to differ. We spent two years cloning that Mairnair in order to make the Purple LILPEQr possible.

Thanks for the shout out, Bill. New racks look way better! Congrats.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisenAudio View Post
I beg to differ. We spent two years cloning that Mairnair in order to make the Purple LILPEQr possible.

Thanks for the shout out, Bill. New racks look way better! Congrats.
Cool. Good to know Jens! The LilPEQr's are ALWAYS on every mix coming out of here. Well....maybe 99%. Never say "always".

Thanks for your hard work in making them and cloning the Mairnair. Is it available in any other products besides the Purple version of the LILPEQr?

What have you been up to lately?
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Cool. Good to know Jens! The LilPEQr's are ALWAYS on every mix coming out of here. Well....maybe 99%. Never say "always".
So glad to hear it. That's what they're for!

Quote:
Thanks for your hard work in making them and cloning the Mairnair. Is it available in any other products besides the Purple version of the LILPEQr?
You're welcome. I'll tell Ed. No, no other Marinair uses yet. Typically, each Purple product requires its own custom transformer to best suit the design. There aren't any redundant colors as such.
Old 16th November 2012
Quote:
Thanks Bro! How's things on the island Tom? Looks like we may be over next year.

things are good....just got back to maui after 5 months in jersey. had some serious famliy stuff going on. Just missed sandy and had a tsunami warning the right after I got back! Wild. Hope to hook up when you come out. I will warm up the blender!
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
Hope to hook up when you come out. I will warm up the blender!
Woohoo! For sure. And warm up some of those sweet tube amps too!!
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks dr Bill! I am considering one of those serpants! Right after acouple of love childs eqs!!
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool Tom. Any thoughts on them? Always interested in various EQ's....
They're smooth and musical, I'm not sure there's a bad sound inside. Not too unlike the LilPEQr's in that regard. They aren't available anymore but I thought I saw some in the classifieds section recently for cheap. It looks like Jeff has a version coming soon too.
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
Thanks dr Bill! I am considering one of those serpants! Right after acouple of love childs eqs!!
Cool. I don't think you can go wrong with either of those choices. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVD View Post
They're smooth and musical, I'm not sure there's a bad sound inside. Not too unlike the LilPEQr's in that regard. They aren't available anymore but I thought I saw some in the classifieds section recently for cheap. It looks like Jeff has a version coming soon too.
Sweet! I do believe Jeff has another couple of EQ's in the works, but I'm not sure when they're coming.... Those sound very interesting.
Old 29th January 2015
Here for the gear

dr bill, noticed you had a couple aml ez1073's as well. i currently have 4 vp28's and was thinking about getting the aml's as well. what's your opinion of them vs. the vp28's? differences? should i just get more vp28's? i mean, they're a lot cheaper!
Old 1st February 2015
Gear Guru

I'd get the 1073's if you already have 4 vp28's. My personal $.02.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search