The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bae 10DC vs Heritage Audio 2264E Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 28th December 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post

It's WRONG comparing it to the DPA line which has IC in it

Cheu
Are you talking about the Neve 1073 DPA?

IC's in the signal path?

Are you sure?
Old 20th May 2016
I'd like to bring this thread back to life. haha. I've got an old 80 series console, and it has 7 (i know weird) 10" correction slots. I have 4 of the 2254s in the desk, but really want to fill up those other slots in time. my original idea was to do 2 original 2264s and then 2 heritages, and then 3 wunder PEQs.

any insight on the way the newer 2264s sound?

also, isn't the 10DC based off of the 2254? from my original readings, it was supposed to "create that sound" with a few more release and attack settings. could be totally wrong. Thanks!
Old 21st May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century Recordings View Post
I'd like to bring this thread back to life. haha. I've got an old 80 series console, and it has 7 (i know weird) 10" correction slots. I have 4 of the 2254s in the desk

also, isn't the 10DC based off of the 2254? from my original readings, it was supposed to "create that sound" with a few more release and attack settings. could be totally wrong. Thanks!
I believe the 10DC it's more like a 33609 with a class A output stage.. So it's reminiscent of the 22xx compressors as well with more attack/release times and a broader input range thought for the "modern" times of DAW.
But it's not a clone, it's an original design that Avedis did inspired by these classic pieces.

Ask Avedis at Avedis Audio, he designed that compressor for BAE.

Cheu
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search