All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BAE 10DC on vocals? Comments?
Old 1st November 2012
Lives for gear

BAE 10DC on vocals? Comments?

Anyone using the BAE 10DC on vocals?
Comments?
Smooth?
I want something with some of the nevish flavor and medium agressiveness - not to much. Always difficult to describe these things.
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Maniac

I'm getting them via UPS in a short bit. I'll let you know how they sound!! But trust me when I say ALL i've heard are positive reviews and great samples of it's magic!

If you want to hear some of it, check out a site I think it's called ***********.com or something like that. Just type BAE 10DC in the search and you'll get vocal tracks before and after 10DC processing.

Good Luck!
Old 1st November 2012
Gear Maniac

hear the gear dot com
Old 10th May 2013
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB3 View Post
Anyone using the BAE 10DC on vocals?
Comments?
Smooth?
I want something with some of the nevish flavor and medium agressiveness - not to much. Always difficult to describe these things.
Been wanting to try one of the BAE myself. If you get a chance let me know your thoughts!

I have the AML 54F50 and they are amazing!
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

We're about to go to mastering on a project that used the 10DC on all vocals. Shawn Grove (Shawn Grove Credits - ARTISTdirect Music) produced and engineered it. I had just gotten my 10DC as we started vocals so we tried it and kept it on vocals for the whole CD.

It is grabbier than our 2-1176 or 2LA-2A (for sure) in a good way but also smoother than the 2-1176. For Chris's voice the 10DC was smoother on top and just sat very well.

Shawn did a little more to the vocal at mix but commented that if he had known the 10DC, used while tracking, a little better that he could have probably dialed it to a finished product at tracking.

When we were finishing up I asked him what he'd like to see us add to the studio and he said "a second 10DC".
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

its one of my favorite tracking comps. Just a little bit with fast attack as a limiter. Good for "explosive" sounding singer.
often i put a 2nd slow comp after it......
Old 10th May 2013
Lives for gear

I've had mine since about February. I haven't cut a single vocal without it since. I like my RJR in front, which is VCA, but for me it definitely fattens up both vocals and bass. It's also really nice on guitars just being in the chain, no GR. Have yet to find an application where I like the limiter engaged. Just not for me. I tend to use the lower ratio settings with it to smooth things out.
All in all, it's an amazing tool with a very pleasing grab and a tone that's none other than classy.
Old 4th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
Been wanting to try one of the BAE myself. If you get a chance let me know your thoughts!

I have the AML 54F50 and they are amazing!

How do you compare the AML to the BAE ? Same topology I suppose. With some discounts the pricepoint would be close too ( given the 500 real estate ).

Cheers
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Nut

Yeah, I'm curious about the AML 54F50 as well.

I'm less after the 33609 sound and more the 2254.
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about the AML 54F50 as well.

I'm less after the 33609 sound and more the 2254.
What is the 33609 sound like compared to the 2254? There is a clip of the 54F50 on YouTube, that thing sounds just perfect.
Old 6th December 2013
got a 10DC on top snare during tracking and it's really "doing it" for me.

Adding amazing low mid weight and punch, rounding the peak so beautifully, like its being touched by an angel
Old 13th December 2013
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteontour View Post
How do you compare the AML to the BAE ? Same topology I suppose. With some discounts the pricepoint would be close too ( given the 500 real estate ).

Cheers
I live what I have from BAE but I don't have one of their clones.
I can say I am a very very BIG AML fan, love what they do.
The AML comps are more than pretty sweet, I sold one of my vintage drum kits to pay for these and I am very glad I did! now i need to get the scrat for a second ez1073: )
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search