The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dangerous Monitor ST Problem or not?
Old 28th October 2012
Gear Head
Dangerous Monitor ST Problem or not?

Old 28th October 2012
Gear Head
For all of you Dangerous Monitor ST owners, please shed some light on this .
I just got my Dangerous Monitor ST unit and I am noticing a pretty intrusive clicking sound coming through my speakers whenever changing volume. I am not reffering to the relay clicking coming from the rack part, but actual clicking through the speakers. It doesn;t seem to happen when playing full music (or not noticeable) but it is very clear when playing for instance a solo kick drum and changing the volume while the kick is playing. I am wondering if is this normal, or did I just get a faulty unit?
Thanks
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

thats a problem. you should call them on Monday.

ej
Old 6th January 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovibis View Post
For all of you Dangerous Monitor ST owners, please shed some light on this .
I just got my Dangerous Monitor ST unit and I am noticing a pretty intrusive clicking sound coming through my speakers whenever changing volume. I am not reffering to the relay clicking coming from the rack part, but actual clicking through the speakers. It doesn;t seem to happen when playing full music (or not noticeable) but it is very clear when playing for instance a solo kick drum and changing the volume while the kick is playing. I am wondering if is this normal, or did I just get a faulty unit?
Thanks
I just got the ST and the SR.. After spending pretty much all day with my engineer here rewiring the room, thinking that it was the problem, it is still a problem for me also. Had the unit less than a day and I have no solution. It's the weekend, so will call them tomorrow. Wondered if you heard anything from them? G
Old 14th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
I just got the ST and the SR.. After spending pretty much all day with my engineer here rewiring the room, thinking that it was the problem, it is still a problem for me also. Had the unit less than a day and I have no solution. It's the weekend, so will call them tomorrow. Wondered if you heard anything from them? G
I just picked up a Monitor ST yesterday. Have not played with it yet. Are you still having issues or has it been resolved?
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Head

Sorry to revive an ancient thread.

Did you guys ever find out what was the cause of this? One of our clients is having this issue and I'd love to figure it out! Thinking it's some sort of DC offset related issue.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search