The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neve 54/Studer/Cadac/Harrison/Neotek/Audient...highest end sound for budget bargains? Consoles
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
CADAC is an analog console. Buy it and use it. How can you go wrong with CADAC?
Very interesting potential but I can't find any dealer for these. (not to mention 0 user impressions)
The US dealers site is curiously down.

I would think this would be of interest to many considering their rep & the price point.
Pretty mysterious. Anyone ?
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Griffin audio in uk has an a-series sidecar for sale. it's just a sidecar though so no busses mastersection etc. early cadacs are amazing!
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
Griffin audio in uk has an a-series sidecar for sale. it's just a sidecar though so no busses mastersection etc. early cadacs are amazing!
Is an A series early ?
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P View Post
Is an A series early ?
not sure but i think the a-series is late 80s. please correct me if im wrong
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll have to take a look.
The one Plush was referring to is the new one called live1.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Guru

I think a console is a great choice, i have not used or been around some you mentioned, if you are mixing OTB a great console can really make a difference.
I use Harrison, that does not mean you should, i am very happy with mine and I have a great tech down the road if needed.
I wish you the best with your choice, try your best to get hands on with any of them before making a major purchase as such.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
not sure but i think the a-series is late 80s. please correct me if im wrong
The one that griffin has is mid eighties. Ex RSC stratford. Just a sidecar though. I have a 36 channel a type which is a beautifully built thing. The new Cadac is more compact I think.
Old 18th November 2012
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Head

Guys Don Larkin of Larkins List also has a Cadac A to sell.

I was very interested in the Live1 and can't imagine how Cadacs sales must suffer due to a lack of marketing and online resources. It's a wonder that they sell any at all... shame because I'd have liked to have seen more about that board...

... but alas ... its 2 late!!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed ... and I am delighted to say i should have a Studer 963 on its way soon. I'm really excited and can't wait to get it here after some TLC. I will post some pics and let everyone know how I get on soon.

Thanks again
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Sorry for the shameless plug... I have two studer consoles for sale in the classifieds.. 963 and a 970.. I need to down size and make all fit in a new recording room..

Cheu
Hi Cheu!

I know this comment is years old and I’m on the other side of the globe, but I’d love any insights you’d be willing to share on where the 963 shines and where it didn’t. I can’t tell if it’s a practical move for me or a novelty purchase. I’m going back and forth on one currently.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search