The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Maag EQ4 vs. NTI EQ3
Old 8th September 2017
Lives for gear

Old old thread .. but I have an original (2u) EQ3 WITH TRANSFORMERS for sale in the classifieds.

this unit is confirmed that it has the output transformers, and all stepped switches (super tight tolerances for mastering) ..

the current production Maag EQ4 has dented pots with ~0.5dB steps, this original EQ3 has stepped switches at 0.25dB steps and the vintage transformers.
Old 21st November 2018
WAD
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by loji View Post
Old old thread .. but I have an original (2u) EQ3 WITH TRANSFORMERS for sale in the classifieds.

this unit is confirmed that it has the output transformers, and all stepped switches (super tight tolerances for mastering) ..

the current production Maag EQ4 has dented pots with ~0.5dB steps, this original EQ3 has stepped switches at 0.25dB steps and the vintage transformers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maagaudio View Post
The EQ3, EQ3-D, EQ4, and new EQ2 do not have transformers. I apologize for not responding to that question originally.
are you sure about those transformers?
Old 25th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD View Post
are you sure about those transformers?
Yup .. 100%

they were made by Condor
Old 26th November 2018
Gear Head

These Condor transformers do not pass signal and are used to power the unit only. No signal passes through these two transformers. They simply supply the +- voltage for the eq. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Maniac
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I've seen schematics, pcb's and stuff available on the web if you can solder.
Any hi frequency shelf EQ can be modified into a 40k hz "air band" with usually only one cap change. Just decrease the value about 3 or 4 times from the stock value if it's set to 10k hz. Mount a switch and you too can change frequencies.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search