The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BFE Filtek V1170 - Help
Old 21st October 2012
Here for the gear

BFE Filtek V1170 - Help

Hi,

I’ve just purchased a rack of 5 BFE Filtek V1170s. They haven’t been delivered as yet, but I’ve been trying to find schematics for them before they arrive from Germany.

I’ve had a look on Kubarth, but unfortunately they’re not listed there or can't find anything on Gearslutz. Anyone have them or can point me to somewhere I can find them? I’d be very appreciative.

I’ve also seen someone else who is selling a rack of these, modified to raise the input gain to 44db bringing them closer to a mic pre, rather than 33db line amps as originally designed.

I’m a musician with a studio, not an engineer, so my knowedge is very limited, but if someone can provide me with (or point me to) instructions as to how this can be done, I can pass this onto my tech to do the mods. I live in Ireland - knowledge regarding any of this German broadcast gear is very thin on the ground. I have read about this mod being done quite regularly in V672s, but can’t find exact instructions anywhere.

They look like nice modules with what looks like a Pikatron and 2 Haufe transformers. Cosmetically the facia looks very similar to Lawo V970/3 74 modules, but internally the Lawo seems to have only two transformers so the Lawo schematic isn’t going to be much use.

Any advice and schematics greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Spike
Old 10th June 2013
Here for the gear

Have you got the schematics yet?

I bought three of this ones in a rack from germany a year ago.
They sound great. And the seller also gave me the schematics
So if you haven't got them i can take a pic and send them to you.
Old 19th March 2014
Here for the gear

could you send me the schematics too please ?
i just bought 10x BFE V1170s!

Thanks !!
Old 13th September 2015
Here for the gear

Here are the schematics BFE V1170

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-1.1.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-2.2.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-1-.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-2-.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-3-.jpg  

BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-4-.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-5-.jpg   BFE Filtek V1170 - Help-bfe-6-.jpg  
Old 13th September 2015
Lives for gear

This amp is not intended for mic level signals. It has 10kOhm input impedance and line level input transformers. While some V672 versions were made to be used as mic input amps (they came with very different circuits), your V1170 is far far away from being able to be converted into a micpre with proper specs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Hi,
the BFE V1170 is a Line-Amp, but it is also really good Mic Preamp! I've got a few of these and they come very close to my V476.
High Impendance is no problem! +33dB Gain is not that much, but enough for most signals. Just try it This is High-End Stuff!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search