The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apogee Symphony I/O output sound problems
Old 30th September 2012
Here for the gear

Apogee Symphony I/O output sound problems

Hi everyone
I just got my Apogee Symphony yesterday and the main problem is:

During my Symphony I/O Firmware Update the part where it tries to Update the PrimaryIO FPGA always fails...have tried it numerous times...so everything is up to date with Apogee's most recent firmware release except the PrimaryIO FPGA

So I leave that alone and comeback and then when I turn on my Apogee Symphony an APOGEE notification comes on my computer that says the "Symphony I/O firmware does not match software, launching updater."

So I click the OK button and it starts "Looking for a connected Symphony I/O..."

and then it states "Could not find a Symphony I/O connected." which is confusing because when I just turned on my Symphony I/O as it was connected to my computer's USB port it alerted me that firmware needed updating which clearly means it found my Symphony connected. And my Symphony shows itself as being ready and connected when I view it through Maestro 2,

When I play a song the output levels on the right side of my Apogee LED move up and down but no sounds come out.

And also there is an exclamation point that just stays on my Symphony LED on the left side under the Speakers/Headphones/icon.

I'm running the Symphony_July_2012.dmg Installer/Updater from apogeedigital.com and My Mac Book Pro is Mountain Lion version 10.8.2

Thank you for your help

Wonda
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear

hey Wonda-

had some weird things going on with my symphony i/o the other day. it boiled down to my pci-e cable not being seated 100% at the back of the apogee port (pt hd native) -- got pulled out when I was doing some rewiring.

anyway, during the process I had the firmware update fail a few times. I changed the USB cable and port to directly into my mac tower. it's worth a try as it worked for me.

oto
Old 30th September 2012
Lives for gear

also, are you sure you are in USB mode on the symphony?
Old 30th September 2012
Here for the gear

Hey Oto

first off thanks for responding, I'm actually using the Symphony I/O Module (8x8 Analog I/O + 8x8 AES/Optical I/O) card so are you saying possibly that I didn't install the card right and that's why there's an exclamation point on the LED panel, and why it isn't updating the firmware?

and yes I am in USB mode on the symphony...the sound is being registered as playing on the LED panel but there is no sound coming out and I'm wondering if it's cuz my update of the firmware keeps failing...
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

you're welcome.

well for me I was just commenting on a DAE error I was having with regard to my setup. my mini pci-e HD connecter got slightly pulled out of the apogee.

have you tried swapping your usb cable and port?

also, did you post in another forum? I thought I saw that someone posted there was a conflict with your OS and firmware.

cheers,

oto
Old 2nd October 2012
Here for the gear

Called in support today and figured out it was my Symphony I/O Module that was faulty, it wasn't even powering up when the system turned on...have to send it back

thank you all for the help
Old 2nd October 2012
Gear Guru

Good luck you guys, hope you get is resolved, I am glad I kept my Apogee X series.
Old 30th November 2012
Gear Nut

Hi Wonda, Im having the exact same problem, did Apogee send you a replacement yet, if yes, is your issue solved? Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search