The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Klein + Hummel O300D Questions (Problems) Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Addict

Klein + Hummel O300D Questions (Problems)

Dear All,

Just got the O300D and am very happy about the pair. Yet there are two problems that got me worried, and I couldn't find any solution anywhere. So here they are:

(1) No sound from the right box, unless I unplug the audio cable and then plug it back in: I turned on the computer, interface, DA, mixer, and then the monitors. There is sound from the left box, but not the right. Unless I unplug and replug the audio cable, and then everything is alright.

(2) Clips when turning off the monitors: I always turn off the monitors before everything else and never have a problem. The O300D generates small, sometimes loud, clips, when I turn them off. Most of the time.

All the settings in the back panel are at their default setting, except for the -6 on the bass.

Thanks in advance, for any advice to come.

Cheers,

Arys Chien
Deepwhite Studio
Taipei, Taiwan
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

That it plops/click... not to hard, is normal with the 300D's. Leave them on and just put out your monitor controller.

About your right speaker. Are your sure that the output of your interface is ok? I had some problems also one's and after doing some multimeter testing my left DA was a bit of in voltage and impend. what was making the O300 going in "secure" mode.

It could also be that he is switching to digital input. Do you have the end caps on the bnc digital input terminals? Even the input selector is on analog you never know...

And try to lift the ground doen'st change anything?
Old 27th September 2012
switch the right and left cable around (at the speaker end, leave the soundcard end connected).
nice monitors.
Old 27th September 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
connect the cable of the right speaker to the left (keep the soundcard end connected) and the cable of the left to the right. that'll tell you if it's not the cable and interface.
I've tried that. Both audio and power cables; also with the same DA output and all. The left box was normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
It could also be that he is switching to digital input. Do you have the end caps on the bnc digital input terminals? Even the input selector is on analog you never know...

And try to lift the ground doen'st change anything?
If it's the input switch, then there should be no sound at all from the right box, whether I re-plug the audio cable or not?

The ground lift did not change anything. Nor did all the other switches from the back panel.
Old 11th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryschien View Post
Dear All,

Just got the O300D and am very happy about the pair. Yet there are two problems that got me worried, and I couldn't find any solution anywhere. So here they are:

(1) No sound from the right box, unless I unplug the audio cable and then plug it back in: I turned on the computer, interface, DA, mixer, and then the monitors. There is sound from the left box, but not the right. Unless I unplug and replug the audio cable, and then everything is alright.

(2) Clips when turning off the monitors: I always turn off the monitors before everything else and never have a problem. The O300D generates small, sometimes loud, clips, when I turn them off. Most of the time.

All the settings in the back panel are at their default setting, except for the -6 on the bass.

Thanks in advance, for any advice to come.

Cheers,

Arys Chien
Deepwhite Studio
Taipei, Taiwan
Ive just started having this issue myself but with my left 0300D speaker after switching on which corrects itself if I swap the speaker cables.

I found after switching cables the speaker sounds somewhat lacking compared to the other speaker.

If I raise the volume control slowly on my Dangerous D-Box I get a sudden volume boost which seems to fix this issue.

Has anyone else had/have this issue with the Klein & Hummel's? or know what it could be?

Many Thanks,

Noodlez
Old 12th March 2015
Gear Addict

Hello. I've had the same issue with my old 0300D. Which annoyed me to no end. This was just when H&K was bought by Neumann and I think (?) the repairs went through Sennhesier. The problem report I got back was "replacement of module". No problem after that. Anyone else had any similar issues?
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melopie View Post
Hello. I've had the same issue with my old 0300D. Which annoyed me to no end. This was just when H&K was bought by Neumann and I think (?) the repairs went through Sennhesier. The problem report I got back was "replacement of module". No problem after that. Anyone else had any similar issues?
Hi thanks for your feedback,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the repair for the replacement module?

Many thanks,

Noodlez
Old 13th March 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Hi thanks for your feedback,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the repair for the replacement module?

Many thanks,

Noodlez
With the transport fee and all accounted it was less then 250 € if I remember right
Old 13th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melopie View Post
With the transport fee and all accounted it was less then 250 € if I remember right
Thanks for the helpful info!

Since switching the cables a few days ago everything seems fine, just hoping it stays this way !
Old 8th April 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
That it plops/click... not to hard, is normal with the 300D's.
the o300's i have are silent when turning them on/off.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search