The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Otari Status/Concept Q&A Consoles
Old 30th November 2017
jkx
Here for the gear

Calibration

It might also need that those modules will need calibration. The 40 channels are correctly displayed in the eagle software and we can operate the switch. Will let you know as the restore proceeds.
Old 30th November 2017
Lives for gear

Don't know if it's the same with your particular model but with the Concept One there is a ribbon cable that connects the 4 channel QCP boards together. That ribbon cable is configured with a jumper between pins 1 and 2 on the first unused connector in the sequence. Thus if adding or removing modules you move that jumper to the connector that is now "first unused". If all the connectors are used there will be no jumper. See section 6-12 of the Concept's manual. In addition you need to reconfigure the software for how many and what type modules you have (i.e. mono/stereo, moving fader, mono or color monitor used). As Lou above states, those directions / commands will be in the manual.

Also look for any jumpers on the input modules themselves and understand what each is for as they might set for fader type or VCA.
Old 4th December 2017
jkx
Here for the gear

VCA - Eagle interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
Don't know if it's the same with your particular model but with the Concept One there is a ribbon cable that connects the 4 channel QCP boards together. That ribbon cable is configured with a jumper between pins 1 and 2 on the first unused connector in the sequence. Thus if adding or removing modules you move that jumper to the connector that is now "first unused". If all the connectors are used there will be no jumper. See section 6-12 of the Concept's manual. In addition you need to reconfigure the software for how many and what type modules you have (i.e. mono/stereo, moving fader, mono or color monitor used). As Lou above states, those directions / commands will be in the manual.

Also look for any jumpers on the input modules themselves and understand what each is for as they might set for fader type or VCA.
Thanks bassmankr but the otari status don't have QCP Cards (cpu is internal and a computer is not needed to have it operational and modules are programmed through software with no jumpers (they made it more "user friendly).

Something might be wrong with the software programming as the VCA faders are working but not seen on the eagle automation pc. Will do soon a re-calibration of the modules to see if it makes it any better, main issue is that we don't have a calibrated vu-meter but only a multimeter to set input level of the 1khz test tone.

Will keep updated on the next steps
Old 8th December 2017
jkx
Here for the gear

Test mode

Does anybody know if there is a way to test fader calibration on an otari status where read values are displayed onscreen of the automation pc like ssl as an example? Thanks!
Old 26th January 2018
jkx
Here for the gear

It works!

All sorted out, the mixer went out of calibration and fader we're not recognized anymore. With a tester and patience we did the calibration again and now all 40 faders are working properly in the console and they do display on eagle properly. What is not written that got me even 5 years ago is that when you start the calibration you need to have all faders at the 0 mark otherwise will fail and all faders, even if reset to factory default, won't work properly

One Status back on Earth! Thank you for all the support!
Old 27th October 2018
Here for the gear

Hi

I already bought 1 Otari Concept One
And the hard drive arrived me broken.
I just installed a fresh Windows 95 in a new HD, but I don't know how to install any drivers or software.
I need help...
Old 27th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyllegas View Post
Hi

I already bought 1 Otari Concept One
And the hard drive arrived me broken.
I just installed a fresh Windows 95 in a new HD, but I don't know how to install any drivers or software.
I need help...
do you have moving faders?
Old 28th October 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
do you have moving faders?
No, I only have the static faders

Thank
Old 28th October 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyllegas View Post
No, I only have the static faders

Thank
PM me you email address. I have a files that is for moving faders but I'm pretty sure you can reconfigure it for what you have.
Old 29th October 2018
Here for the gear

I just installed diskmix from the discket and it stays on this screen when I start the computer
Does anyone know why this happens?

CONSOLE BOOT
LOADER.COM
BOOT.BOT
LOAD.BIN
CONFIG\BPARMS.DAT

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search