The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Klark Teknik DN504 & Pendulum MDP1
Old 29th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Klark Teknik DN504 & Pendulum MDP1

Hi there

I've been looking for a compressor/limter section for 4 channels of of MDP1s. A couple of days ago I was in a music store and saw the DN504 in a used rack and I was wondering how this combo would sound. I would normally just use it as a limiter in front of or behind the MDP1s and if it sounded good enough I would use it with the MDP1s to do some squashing for some really fat sounds. The unit looks like it came out of a live rack (dirt in the flutes of the knobs) and the sailesman said I had 45 days to return it, but before I drop the $$ on the unit I wanted to check in here to see what you thought.

My funds are a little low right now and I could pick up the unit for $600 which doesn't seem bad to me as long as it doesn't degrade the sound as a limiter and have much cross talk. If you have any other suggestions I would be open. I do have an old Symmetrix 525 that I patch in, but I'm not that really crazy about the sound on acoustic instruments, but it sounds ok on drum overheads.
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

The early DN504's sounded great on drums..."really spanks it" TLA...both he and his brother bought em
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear