The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any opinions about A&H Syncon A desk?
Old 25th August 2012
Lives for gear

Any opinions about A&H Syncon A desk?

just currious... only had the chance to listen to one channel on a service intensive patient. So i wouldnt judge about the sound of the desk before it is ready. THat it´s powered with +/- 24v are a positive thing..seems to suggest a mixbus that can take something, but who knows. would be nice to hear an opinion from somebody that really has worked the thing in the mix.
thnx.
Old 28th August 2012
Lives for gear

And up again.. not much info on the internet about this desk.. most be pretty rare. The A&H site provides all necessary technical documents but no historical reference. So if anybody can fill the gaps? Was this the first bigger A&H console build in series?

Guess i should write a review once its running again.
Attached Thumbnails
Any opinions about A&H Syncon A desk?-screen-shot-2012-08-24-20.38.45.jpg  
Old 30th September 2014
Gear Nut

Syncon A

Just for a bit of time-background, my friend Dougal and I built the first batch of channel pcbs for the Syncon A. We'd worked at Trident building the A and B range consoles, but Allen & Heath staff were more used to building the little mini-mixer, so we were approached by A & H's Tech Manager to build the first lot. All our boards worked first time, with no faults. I'd left manufacturing and was recording during that period, so it was a sparetime thing.

This would have been in 1976...possibly 1977. I remember it in particular because building the PCBs paid for my first trip to USA.

I have vague memories of engineering a session at Decibel studios in Stamford Hill, London . There was a Syncon board there, but I can't remember if it was a Syncon A or Syncon B....

Cheers,

Gwyn
Old 18th May 2018
Here for the gear

Update:
I had a PSU to the customized LED meter bridge fail recently. We suspect it sent a voltage spike to the control board wiping out several control ICs. We replaced the ICs but the problem persists. If ANYONE has ANY documentation on the customized meters on the 56 channel Syncon A console that came from the NYC Acme Studios PLEASE please contact me. I never received drawings / schematics of this mod and we are shooting in the dark. Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search