The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Will my gear be okay?
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

Will my gear be okay?

My A/C broke. It's totally ****ed. I haven't turned anything on since. But it's hot in my room without the A/C reallly hot, going between 80-85 degrees. I can't really move it and I was wondering what you guys thought.
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think you might wanna get some fans bro.
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Head

Can you keep everything off until you get your ac fixed? If so 80-85 degrees shouldn't cause any problems.

If you can't, then consult the user manuals for each piece of equipment to see if the acceptable temperature ranges are listed (they very well may not be -- in which case, play it safe and keep it off). And as djui5 mentioned, get some fans.

Also, once the AC gets fixed leave everything off for a few hours to allow any condensation to evaporate.
Old 26th June 2006
One with big hooves

Sucakge.

It'll be fine in that 80-85 degree heat...things get WAAAAAY hotter at outdoor gigs and that stuff survives!
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

yeah, i got some fans. Thanks guy. I feel way better now. I was like uhh I have 10's of thosands in my room. Don't need this **** all not working.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search