The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bitch Slap: Who would you rather be?
View Poll Results: WHO would YOU rather be?
Mixerman
7 Votes - 14.00%
Lance
12 Votes - 24.00%
Fingaz
3 Votes - 6.00%
Willy Show
21 Votes - 42.00%
Jeremiah Mook
0 Votes - 0%
NDA studio drummer
6 Votes - 12.00%
Johnny Singer
0 Votes - 0%
Eeyore
1 Votes - 2.00%
Harmon Neenot
0 Votes - 0%
Dumb Ass
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9th September 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Bitch Slap: Who would YOU rather be?

So, if you were to metamorphose right now and become one of these guys, who would it be?
Old 9th September 2002
Here's the link to the saga if you don't already have it on your favorites bar.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/

yuktyy
Old 9th September 2002
Lives for gear

Def the NDA drummer, lots o pay, loads of fun, and none of the embarassment.
Old 9th September 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Good idea posting the link, Jules.

The results are pretty interesting! And surprise, so far no one wants to be Dumb Ass!
Old 11th September 2002
One with big hooves

That's not all that surprising. Who would want to be either DA or Harmon? Or some record company suit?
Old 11th September 2002
I think Willy Show is Michael Binehorn (spelling?)

Thats my guess.
Old 12th September 2002
One with big hooves

I was thinking Rick Rubin until he said that Willy was engineering... Doubt it's Michael because I'm pretty sure he used the Radar system on the Korn album last year but it could be. Maybe Don Was?

Either way, who thinks that after todays post it's the end of Bitch Slap? I've been there when an arguement like that started. The project went a few days over what we planned for tracking. We were doing guitar solos which were the last thing to do before mixing and the player just sucked so it was taking a looooong time. The drummer said to someone (singer maybe?) "We could've started mixing on time if it wasn't for sausage fingers over there". Oh ****.
:eek:
Old 13th September 2002
Gear Maniac

of COURSE you'd want to be willy show....he has points and ISN'T in the band...so he has a career and point on other's past/present/future (DUH)yuktyy
Old 13th September 2002
There is only one

man, i have quit reading the diary[hha]... whats been going on?

this whole thing is the problem with music.
Old 13th September 2002
One with big hooves

Here's the link http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording...k7/day2/mm.php

And the short version is that DA thought that the NDA drummer sucked and he wanted the band to play different. The result was... well just read it. I'm sure we've all been there before.
Old 13th September 2002
There is only one

im just bored with it now. kinda like movies that are just too long and lose my attention. i tried to read it but ended up just skimming it over.
Old 13th September 2002
member no 666

FWIW, I said I'd like to be Lance... ahhhh, to be young again. Willy has way too much pressure on him to be having a whole lot of fun, Mixerman has to endure all of the bull**** with less of the reward... but Lance... he gets to watch the whole thing go down, get's a bit of an education on how to A)run (or not run) a session, how to engineer, how to pay attention to detail... and if this thing turns into some kind of "hit"... a pretty decent credit... on the other hand, if this thing stiffs, it could **** with MM and Willy's credibility.

Funny no one wants to be a band member... (at least as of 9/13)
Old 13th September 2002
Lives for gear

who to be?

Yeah, Lance has a lot of opportunity ahead of him, but it could still go either way. Fingaz, on the other hand, is a youngster who has already found a very successful niche and is an "in-demand" pro at a young age.

But first there would have to be a major personality removal, this whole "Wegro in a parka" thing would be hilarious if I didn't know a dozen exactly like him. Word.

steve
[email protected]
Old 14th September 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

I'm kind of surprised that only 29 people voted.
Old 15th September 2002
Here for the gear

" But Willy doesn’t make albums like that..." Week 7, Day 5

Of all the comical sentences in the Mixerman story so far, this has got to be the best as it's apparent to everyone -- and I hope Mixerman, as well -- that Willy doesn't make albums at all. In fact, he's an embarassment and a liability that the record company should have long ago disposed of, no matter who he actually is.
Old 16th September 2002
Gear Head

Fingaz on a cruise

Fingaz definitely has a good deal right now. Going on a cruise at the band's expense. Ha!

Word.
Old 16th September 2002
There is only one

im fully lost now. i just dont care anymore.
Old 17th September 2002
Gear Nut

Fletcher nailed it. Lance is probbably having the most fun / getting a decent education in this session.

No real worries, getting to play on the album, learning lots of cool **** and best of all getting to bask in the glow if it's successful, and walking away with nothing to loose if the whole thing goes south.

Mind you looking at the direction its going in they just might pull it off...

Can anyone say Milli Vanilli?!
Old 17th September 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
FWIW,
Hey, at this point even the band members don't get to be band members. As for me, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the event unless I was Willie Show, (although since Mixerman gets to do Wurly overdubs that makes him a distant second choice.)

Rick Krizman
KrizManic Music
Old 17th September 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher
FWIW,
Hey, at this point even the band members don't get to be band members. As for me, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the event unless I was Willie Show, (although since Mixerman gets to do Wurly overdubs that makes him a distant second choice.)

Rick Krizman
KrizManic Music
Old 18th September 2002
One with big hooves

FWIW, I said I'd like to be Willy. Sounds like the best part of the job directing traffic and rollin' phaties all day. I also wouldn't mind being Mixerman but I don't know if I could work and not want to kill the band members. At least Willy can leave the room and take a sushi break. Now if only I liked sushi...
Old 19th September 2002
Gear Guru

I went with NDA drummer. I could get in, do my bit and be done with this turkey!
Old 22nd September 2002
Motown legend

I went for the NDA drummer too.

I've seen great peoples' careers ruined by exactly this kind of a well-funded circus. Sometimes you know in your gut that you are working on a big hit and this makes it worth the hassle but this does not sound like one of those projects.
Old 26th September 2002
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

First choice would be Willy minus fatties.
Second choice is Lance, same logic as Fletcher used.
Based on my preference for the various roles, rather than a
personal judgement on anyone involved in this soap opera.

Chris
Old 26th September 2002
Gear Nut

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fletcher
[B]FWIW, I said I'd like to be Lance... ahhhh, to be young again. Willy has way too much pressure on him to be having a whole lot of fun, Mixerman has to endure all of the bull**** with less of the reward... but Lance... he gets to watch the whole thing go down, get's a bit of an education on how to A)run (or not run) a session, how to engineer, how to pay attention to detail... and if this thing turns into some kind of "hit"... a pretty decent credit... on the other hand, if this thing stiffs, it could **** with MM and Willy's credibility.

I agree w/ fletcher.
Old 28th September 2002
Riffer

I'd rather be me, sitting in my basement studio with my cool little rock'n'roll band where everybody gets along great, we have a killer drummer, I can use whatever the hell kind of amp sounds good to ME, and we're not beholden to any record company weasels!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search