The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any recommendations for speaker stands for ATC SCM-50 Consoles
Old 10th August 2012
Here for the gear

Any recommendations for speaker stands for ATC SCM-50

Hey,

I'm looking for speaker stands for my ATC SCM50. Has somebody any ideas where to find one that fit the size and weight.

So far I found these:

Towersonic

Any other ideas?

I live in Germany, so the best thing would be if the manufacture has a european distribution.

Thanks
Old 10th August 2012
tun
Lives for gear

Mine are on Towersonic TS1-B, in hindsight I would've preferred more of a hi-fi speaker stand... the SCM50's tweeters are too high for my liking on the TS1-Bs. I had to find a really high chair to make sure my ears are at the correct height!
Old 10th August 2012
Lives for gear

Google- Sound Anchor Stands super heavy duty and hight is adjustable .
Old 10th August 2012
tun
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
The Towersonic stands are height adjustable too, it's just that their minimum height is still too high (for my liking) for the SCM50s.
Old 10th August 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Yeah, their 4 Post Stand

SPEAKER STAND 4 POST

is exactly what I am looking for. But it seems that they sell in U.S. only?

Does anyone know an european company that produce this sort of stands?
Old 11th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelhuber View Post
Yeah, their 4 Post Stand

SPEAKER STAND 4 POST

is exactly what I am looking for. But it seems that they sell in U.S. only?

Does anyone know an european company that produce this sort of stands?
Check out their " how to purchase page " they have a direct order option for outside the US
Old 11th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
The Towersonic stands are height adjustable too, it's just that their minimum height is still too high (for my liking) for the SCM50s.
Yes thats one of the reasons I went with Sound Anchor. Their adjustable model uses the entire stand height. They are somewhat spendy an cost a bit to ship ,because they heavy . But they are a lifetime piece of gear .
Old 12th August 2012
tun
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes thats one of the reasons I went with Sound Anchor. Their adjustable model uses the entire stand height. They are somewhat spendy an cost a bit to ship ,because they heavy . But they are a lifetime piece of gear .
Wish I'd have known about these Sound Anchor stands when I got my SCM50s. Even the most expensive 4 post option is a lot cheaper than the Towersonic TS1-B.
Old 4th January 2013
MdJ
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Mine are on Towersonic TS1-B, in hindsight I would've preferred more of a hi-fi speaker stand... the SCM50's tweeters are too high for my liking on the TS1-Bs. I had to find a really high chair to make sure my ears are at the correct height!
I had the same issue, and simply had a metalworker shorten the tubes that connect to the foot of the stands by about 15cm.
Old 4th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1 on Sound Anchor!
Unity Audio Monolith could be a european alternative
A.
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

anyone knows who makes these stands?
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by almaelectronix View Post
anyone knows who makes these stands?
Might be worth a phone call or email to ATC...
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

They were manufactured by a studio design company called "Recording Architecture "
I have a pair myself, but they are no longer in production as far as I am aware - but yes check with ATC
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
They were manufactured by a studio design company called "Recording Architecture "
I have a pair myself, but they are no longer in production as far as I am aware - but yes check with ATC
Thank you Sir! I `ve already contacted Atc so if I have any news I will let you know!

I am googling company`s name but no info whatsoever..

Last edited by almaelectronix; 28th January 2015 at 12:26 PM..
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

I put mine on concrete slabs, draped with cloth. Super heavy, no resonance and further decoupling is possible with sorbothane spheres.
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Yes, I 've seen some people doing this, I am positive that they will work great.
I will make a pair and I am between the ones I posted and some "soundanchors" style.
I just wanted to know the cost for the above in case they are affordable, because "soundanchors" aren't, especially for europe.
Old 28th January 2015
Gear Addict
I have the unity audio monoliths and they get the job done.
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Sir! I `ve already contacted Atc so if I have any news I will let you know!

I am googling company`s name but no info whatsoever..
I think Recording Architecture stopped trading a few years ago and released a book.
https://www.facebook.com/RA.TheBook
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMac View Post
Yes you are right, these were special custom stands made by Recording Architecture like 10 years ago. I never brought any to the US and they never built them in production. It drives me crazy that ATC still shows these stands all these years later!

Sound anchors, that's the best sounding stand I know of here in the US. Bob has all the right dimensions for ATC's. He also has stands for the new 45s.

Brad
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lunde View Post
Yes you are right, these were special custom stands made by Recording Architecture like 10 years ago. I never brought any to the US and they never built them in production.

Hi Brad,
so maybe you can help me, do you know if the side and top is made of wood or metal?
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Brad,
so maybe you can help me, do you know if the side and top is made of wood or metal?
All wood construction as I recall. They did not have the mass of a Sound Anchor. Everything I've tried has established that mass is your friend in speaker stands. Stands really affect the sound of the speakers, much more than you'd guess. If it rings or resonates, add that sound to the speaker output.

Brad
Old 28th January 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks for all your help, I will keep that in mind
Old 29th January 2015
Gear Maniac

DIY stand using AMC 25 springs + laminated glass + MLV to avoid slipping of the cabinet.
There are still some parasite movements.
Thus Thomas of Northward Acoustics kindly suggested me to add more mass (40kg) in addition to the SCM50ASLs to load the springs further (I am going to implement this).

Last edited by robertopisa; 29th January 2015 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 29th January 2015
Lives for gear
Love our Towersonics here. The difference in bass and stereo imaging was not subtle when we switched. They make adjustable height versions and customise the top plate to fit your speaker perfectly.

What's not to like?!
Old 29th January 2015
Ours are on these stands from Unity Audio Unity Audio Monolith professional speaker stands
Old 29th January 2015
Lives for gear

I saw a pair of the "Recording Studio" stands on sale in Germany or Italy a few years ago and, because I wanted the tweeters for my 50s a little higher than allowed with the atc stands I have, I almost bought them.

Instead, I bought two faux-Roman columns for a garden, something like the following but shorter and a little wider (and more"doric" than "ionic":
Any recommendations for speaker stands for ATC SCM-50Colonne EN Pierre Reconstituee Pour Statue DE Jardin | eBay

Years ago in France marble pedestals and the like were very inexpensive at used furniture stores. But people got wise to that and the marble seemed to disappear, but that is another subject I guess . . .
Old 29th January 2015
Lives for gear

Hit your local welding shop and have them weld some steel plate to heavy steel tube (square or retangular as you can get very heavy thick walls in these profiles). You pick the exact height you need or if you want to get fancy make it adjustable with a larger tube sliding over a smaller tube. Paint when finished. You will get plenty of mass for not much money and have exactly what you need.
Old 29th January 2015
Lives for gear

I can reccomend Towersonic I do not know if they are still in business or just slow in response to emails.
Old 30th January 2015
Gear Addict

Towersonic is alive and well, might be a little slow with emails at the beginning of the year, but in general pretty responsive
Old 31st January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni-P View Post
Towersonic is alive and well, might be a little slow with emails at the beginning of the year, but in general pretty responsive
Well, I got no answer at all, despite I was buying two expensive Monitors stands 2 years ago. Maybe he thought My question was not serious. I was ascking about his Acoustic Rubber Cones, if they would work on my new Samsung washing machine. I realize it's not Towersonics market but I know they know there stuff when it comes to anti-vibration feet, I doubt I will find any better feet in any electronic store.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search