The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fave TC gear!
Old 9th September 2002
Capitol Studios Paris

Fave TC gear!

I don't have one single piece of TC Electronics gear around here.

Besides the great M6000 (yes, it's awesome), what would be your preferred TC box?

How is the M One and D Two, versus the 2290?

Jon
Old 9th September 2002
Super Moderator

Don't quote me on this, but I believe the new TC stuff is all PCM. The 2290 was a Delta Modulation device. I believe the DM stuff sounds better at all levels.
Old 9th September 2002
Lives for gear

TC 2290 and TC fireworks
Old 9th September 2002
Lives for gear

I have a pair of M3000 reverbs and a D-2 Delay

I use both alot, and really like em. ( the M3000 sound great IMO, pretty realistic, whater that means..)
Old 9th September 2002
Lives for gear

M5000, 2290
Old 9th September 2002
Gear Head

M 5000
Old 9th September 2002
Gear Addict

I have a 4 engines M5000 and love it....although I would prefer System6000 over it...
Old 9th September 2002
Lives for gear

Lovin' the M3000 myself. I'd get the 6000, but by the time all my other AES/EBU gear is factored in, I don't have enough auxes to justify it.

Scott
Old 9th September 2002
There is only one

i like the sys6k. and i enjoyed playing with the fireworks.
Old 9th September 2002
I like my TCM3000 but I dont get all excited about it. My clients do though...

I WANT a TCM6000 via AES into a future PTHD set up....

I dream of electric gear

Old 10th September 2002
Mindreader

That's cuz you've gone reverb deaf Jules
Old 10th September 2002
It's true, I dont like to use reverbs (or delays) much..
Old 10th September 2002
Lives for gear

Funny thing is I have 2 M3000, and I rarely use a setting of more than 1.2 seconds on a rev.. I did go up to 3 seconds a couple projects ago just to match up on a live thing..

I really want to hear the Sony and altiverb... Yamaha has thier thing out, but Yamaha is to me what PT is to some.. I just hate it, not allways a justifies hatred, but a haterd none the less
Old 10th September 2002
Besides the M6000, I own TC 1210,(2)2290,(2)Fireworx, and a Gforce. Also some of their stomp boxes are cool. The Fireworx is probably the must have, and probably the 2290 for the name. I am not too crazy about the M-one and D2. They are decent, rack fillers to me. They will do the job in a pinch, but I prefer the other stuff.
Old 10th September 2002
High End Moderator

Current TC rack:
M6000
Finalizer 96K
2x D-Two
M-one (agree with thethrillfactor on this one)
Intonator
D2000
Triple C
TC Helicon
FireWorx (gets the cake for coolest FX box, after the 6000 of course)

Wishlist:
2290 (with loooong sample time)
Flanger stomp box (don't know the name)
Old 10th September 2002
Gear Guru

I've got an M3000 that I love. It sounds very real. I don't use a lot of effects(esp. reverb) as a rule, but I like this unit a lot. I'd like to get a D2 as well.
Old 10th September 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Fave TC gear!

Quote:
Originally posted by jon
I don't have one single piece of TC Electronics gear around here.

Besides the great M6000 (yes, it's awesome), what would be your preferred TC box?

How is the M One and D Two, versus the 2290?

Jon
Jon, the D two is quite amazing (for a delay anyway). If you are a studio owner, you'll have to talk your engineers into it, but once they try it, they'll love it. See the delay's thread.
Old 10th September 2002
Gear Nut

Funny no one has mentioned the Gold Channel...

I have to say i love mine, it's more than just a pre-amp and a set of converters.

It's very similar to an Apogee Trak-2 both sonically and in basic features (without the multiple Output option) but a bunch of extra Gizmos..

I love mine, but I may have to sell it to get HEDD yuktyy
Old 10th September 2002
You know I forgot the TC DB Max.

Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
Besides the M6000, I own TC 1210,(2)2290,(2)Fireworx, and a Gforce. Also some of their stomp boxes are cool. The Fireworx is probably the must have, and probably the 2290 for the name. I am not too crazy about the M-one and D2. They are decent, rack fillers to me. They will do the job in a pinch, but I prefer the other stuff.
Old 13th September 2002
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by mwagener

Triple C
TC Helicon)
mwagner ...

I'm curious about these peices. Mildly so about the Triple C .... How are they?
And does the Helcion actually see work in Nashville land :eek: I'd be rather amazed to find out that any % of those nice tight backs I'm hearing in Country these days have eminated from ... Helcion ..

Very curious ... rollz

What do you think of it though. Almost contemplated getting one, but figured ... Nah ... better do it the old fashioned way ... w/real singers who know how to split harmonies heh
Old 13th September 2002
Gear Maniac

Oh Yeah ... M One & D Two

M One:
Good box as a secondary verb, considering the bang for the $$ Quite flexible in terms of parameter adjustment and choice of sounds/ presets. Which is the biggest thing that bothers me about the M3000 considering $ spent. While it sounds very nice, it seems like the same algorythm is spread across the entire box

D Two:
Pretty cool box. although I havn't used it much, I've always had good results when I did. I've debated picking up a 2290 recently ... but all things considered ... ..... I think I'll opt for the Fireworx first yuktyy
Old 13th September 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoost

mwagner ...

As a sidenote, these are cheap as hell as some closeout deal at Sam Ash. They only have the stereo units left.
Old 13th September 2002
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue

As a sidenote, these are cheap as hell as some closeout deal at Sam Ash. They only have the stereo units left.
So I've seen ... but but how good are they really .... useful such as the D Two / M One or a dud considering it's lifespan ........ or just a misunderstood product that was a sleeper .... Can't imagine it being similiar to the Tube Tech SMC 2B ... or is that where they got the idea ... as they are associated w/Tube Tech ....

Jus curious yuktyy
Old 13th September 2002
Lives for gear

I like the Master X plug-in!!!
Old 13th September 2002
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoost

mwagner ...

Very curious ... rollz

What do you think of it though. Almost contemplated getting one, but figured ... Nah ... better do it the old fashioned way ... w/real singers who know how to split harmonies heh
The Triple-C, IMHO, is a "special" piece of equipment. If you are looking for a normal compressor, you might want to go with something else. If you need a 3 band compressor with some cool extra functions and digital I/O the T-3 might be the right choice, and the super low street price right now, almost makes that a non issue.

The Helicon falls into the same category. I use it as a special FX box, in that department is has some very cool functions. It also comes in handy for figuring out harmonies to lead vocal parts and record them as a guide for the "real" singer to sing along. The box basically does everything they are advertising, the FX are good and useful and a lot of the features, like "Breath" and "Growl" sound great, while the actual sound of the created harmonies leaves a little to be desired. That said, I'm not aware of a unit that does what the Helicon does, and does it as well.

Quote:
And does the Helcion actually see work in Nashville land :eek: I'd be rather amazed to find out that any % of those nice tight backs I'm hearing in Country these days have eminated from ... Helcion ..
Well, I'm probably the wrong guy to answer that question. Even though I live in Nashville now, to the day I have successfully avoided doing a country project, still hanging with the rock crowd

D-Two: I bought two of those when I upgraded from the 02Rs to the Sonys, I had to replace the (limited use) FX units built into the 02Rs with something not too high priced. Over time and after learning the functions in the D-Two, I've really come to like them. They are a little confusing in the user interface department, but you can do some wicked things.

M-One: I agree with ghoost in that it is a great secondary reverb. I use it for special FX occasions, like the one hit on the kick that needs to be effected etc.

Overall, I think, TC is a great company that makes wonderful gear. Even their lower priced units have great sounds and their flagship (M6000) is absolutely kick-ass.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search