The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Neumann W492 for universal purpose
Old 23rd July 2012
Gear Maniac

Neumann W492 for universal purpose

Hey there,

Would you guys consider the Neumann W492 being universal and strong enough to serve for me as my go to at all situations eq? Thought this to be my alternative for instead of getting a hold of the super expensive racked black knob ssl 4000 dingis.

What ya sayin?

Mike
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

Bump - I've got a line on 2 racked for 200€ - I'm without outboard eq and have decided (after briefly owning a sontec) that for precise stuff I've got brainworx and dmg - for briadstroke sounds I reckon stuff like this? Thoughts from users please?
Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

The W492 is popular for mastering and all Neumann modules that I know of are great. If you need something to boost or cut a few db's with minimum sonic degradation to the signal, you could not go wrong with these. If you need something to do major sonic surgery and tone shaping, they might or might not work for you. It just depends on what your needs are. Given that these, and many other classic German eq modules are under priced given their quality, you might consider getting the W492 for more minor adjustments and if you need more radical tone shapers, adding something like a Siemens W295 (or TAB/Telefunken W95/395/695) which have thickness and character to spare.
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear
If you declined the offer, I'll have the racked pair for €200 if you can put me in touch with the seller?

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search