The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Radar24 Classic convertors and Nyquist sound
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Addict

Radar24 Classic convertors and Nyquist sound

Hi gearslutz people
Has anyone out there compared the IZ radar classic convertors at 44.1/ 24bit to the radar24 Nyquist. what’s the difference in sound when comparing the two but at 44.1 24 bit or other

Cheers
Old 10th June 2006
Gear Addict

anybody out there?

anybody out there?
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Hi John, Maybe Fletcher can Chime in.. I beleive Mercenary Audio owned a Classic before they went to a Nyquist model.. I own a Nyquist model but cant comment on the classic converters.

You can also check at izcorp.com and email Dale or Nj over there.. They can probibly give you a more accurate description.

Best of luck.

Jim
Old 10th June 2006
member no 666

I had the S-Nyquist [192] converters before switching to the Nyquist [96] converters. At 44.1 I found the Nyquist converters to sound "sweeter" and more musical than the S-Nyquist and the Classic... more so [in terms of sweetness] with the S-Nyquist than the Classic... but sweeter than both others none the less.
Old 10th June 2006
I use the iZ Nyquist the most, but also have to use the Otari RADAR variant from time to time. I suspect Otari's version was similar (if not identical) to the Classic.

I've never put them side by side to compare, but I've been happy with both, unhappy with neither.

My current druthers?

iZ Nyquist at 24/48.

I prefer tracking to RADAR too and then transferring to PT. I guess that means I'm old school.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search