The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trident t24 is worth $???
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Trident t24 is worth $???

Does anyone know what a trident t24 is worth? (24 channel) Can any one give any comments on this console I did a search and not much came up. Thanks
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabler
Does anyone know what a trident t24 is worth? (24 channel) Can any one give any comments on this console I did a search and not much came up. Thanks
I sold mine, which was a 36 channel, for about 6 k. Thought I got a great deal. Are you selling or buying?

Honestly, if you're buying, there are things coming out new which I think will blow away a used 24, depending on your needs of course.

-R
Old 8th June 2006
One with big hooves

The Series 24 is basically the same desk as a Series 65...just a 24 buss rather then 8 or 16.

Personally...I disagree with Rick to a point. I dig the rock & roll tone & they're pretty logical, workhorse desks. You could do better if 'ya can spend more...you could also find MUCH worse out there.

I could see a 24x24 going for about $6K on the low end...maybe $7500 or $8000 on the high end. Does it include patchbays, cabling, any spares? What sort of condition is it in? Bum channels & dead EQ's/micpres etc. will obviously detract from the value...having spare channel strips & parts, cabling & bays will add...
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

I owned a 28 channel series 24.
Sold it around 1997 for $11k included stand, power supply, pro co TT molex patch bay, JL Cooper MIDI automation, extra bulbs, knobs and an extra channel.

Work horse nails it for me and it did have it's own little sound. While It didn't have the balls of a Neve or definition of an SSL it served me well and I made many records with it. I don't have a clue what one would go for these days.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search