The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
good 5.1 mix room in LA for film trailer commercial
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

good 5.1 mix room in LA for film trailer commercial

hello all

I am keen to get suggestions about a good 5.1 mix room in LA for a 2 day mix. I´ll be mixing music, sfx and dialog. It´ll be 1 day to do the mix, and 1 day to do the inevitable revisions....

here is what we need:

- a good sounding 5.1 room for mixing a 1 minute film trailer for a high end ad that is destined for movie theaters across the nation.

- space for the requisite suits, and someone to assist me in the mix

- someone to make all the fancy coffees and someone to order in the fancy catering that the suits will want

- if it was based around a protools system (ie NOT a euphonics or neve dsc or similar) all the better - as I dont know the euphonics or neve dfc... and immediate recall would be great. An Icon (or even no desk at all) would be fine.

any thoughts?

ps... it does not need to be THX certified.
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

Capitol Studio C

Steve
Old 7th June 2006
Lives for gear

I would have said OHenry - the Icon room.............. but they closed... bummer.

Old 7th June 2006
Gear Nut

How about...

Have you checked out Widget in Culver City? I think they also have a place in West Hollywood, but I didn't get to check that one out. Several options as far as rooms go, I believe, and they are quite large.

-Zen
Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami
Have you checked out Widget in Culver City? I think they also have a place in West Hollywood, but I didn't get to check that one out. Several options as far as rooms go, I believe, and they are quite large.

-Zen

I just checked out the Widget website - thanks for the tip..... the book rate for the small room is $500 an hour - ouch!!! I think that is too much $ for this project...

any other suggestions?

thanks a bunch

Old 7th June 2006
Gear Maniac

I just had a pal suggest Hacienda Post

has anyone here had any experiences with them - either good or bad?

thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search