The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Summing Adventure (chandler, tonelux, api, neve, nicerizer) Summing Mixers
Old 23rd September 2008
Gear Addict

I'm mixing through 16 ch of Mytek. That is a HUGE factor of course. I had RME's to start with and it was not good. That was years ago when I first got the D2buss. Then I upgraded to the myteks and it was a large difference. Now with the Sum thang it's really great. I'm finally beating my old 2 inch tape records. In a way.
Old 9th October 2008
Lives for gear

Old thread, I know...but an awesome read!

"fat arse...." cracked me up!hehhehheh
Old 26th August 2011
Hi RatSalad,

I know this is a very old post but you mentioned you had an AMEK BC2, did this not work for you as a summing mixer on its own?
I have been considering some options and recently an opportunity came up to buy a really nice one for 2K.
The theory is that this console should blow the other options such as the 8816, Dangerous, Nicerizer, Bustard etc.

I have been veering toawards the Dangerous LT, just because its simple and clean and everyone who owns one seems happy.

It would certainly be a cheaper option as well, but what do you think, how does the AMEK compare as a summing mixer to the others?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search