The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chilton console appreciation...(with audio clip) Consoles
Old 22nd December 2013
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by makasi View Post
Would you mind rescanning the C25 schematic?

Gustav
Old 26th December 2013
Village Idiot

Friendly nudge for scans.

Gustav
Old 26th December 2013
Here for the gear

I picked up this console from the original poster here in Vancouver a couple weeks back.

i am loving it, its all working fine, I was expecting a big recap job.. just needed some buss wires moved as to not short out on pot bodies and some pot cleaner. I may go through and recap in a few months if i have some time.. i went through and made a list of what was required before i gave it a big run through and discovered it was basically 100%
Old 22nd March 2014
Here for the gear

Some pix of my Chilton CM4 and RIAA preamps here. Love this console!
Cochlear Kill — Feeding vinyl into vintage mixing desk
Old 2nd May 2014
If anyone looking for Chilton Qm3...I have great offer (PM).
Old 22nd May 2014
Here for the gear

Selling Chilton QM3

I also have a Chilton qm3. It was completely refurbished four years ago but has some minor issues now.

I am planning to sell it soon, because i have a good alternative that will take less space.

Anybody interested in buying? The unit is in good shape. I payed 4500 euros + a lot more for the mechanic that fixed it, so I am expecting about the same price.
Old 28th May 2014
Here for the gear

Chilton QM3 for Sale

Hi guys

New member here. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to be posting this but I did make my buying choice based on browsing here so perhaps one of you Chilton enthusiasts may be interested in the one I have for sale.

Chiton QM3 24 channel.

Has some EQ issues and was recapped in 2012.

I run a small label and rehearsal complex in Glasgow and decided to open a recording studio to compliment our existing services.

Unfortunatley, demand for the service hasn't been what we expected and as a result, I need to revert back to our bread and butter - rehearsals.

Dont wanna put it on Ebay as have had some bad experiences in the past.
Old 29th May 2014
Village Idiot

Chilton QM3 appreciation thread turned into the Chilton QM3 depreciation thread?

Gustav
Old 24th June 2014
Here for the gear

still for sale

Hi

I have a Chilton qm3 24 channel desk for sale. Has some issues with meter lights and some dead/crackly EQ's. All 24 channels work otherwise. Was recently recapped.

Nice looking/sounding bit of kit that was purchased to build a studio. That idea has been abandoned.

I know what I paid for it and I know all you guys have more experience of these units than I will so looking to recoup as much of my outlay as possible.

Happy to consider offers.

Based in Glasgow

Many Thanks

Jon
Old 29th June 2014
Here for the gear

Hello Jon, What's the price and do you have any Pics?
Cheers, Rob
Old 12th July 2014
Here for the gear

Hi Bob

Sorry for the delay in picking this up - on holiday at the moment.

I'll drop you a line on my return on monday.

Many thanks

Jon
Old 14th July 2014
Here for the gear

OK Jon, i look forward to hearing back from you when you're home.
Cheers, Rob
Old 21st July 2014
Here for the gear

Hi guys

Anyone shipped one of these before? I'm looking for the weight but the manual doesn't have that info. Dont have scales to weigh mine. Anyone know (chilton qm3 24)

Thanks

Jon
Old 21st July 2014
I would say about 150 lbs max for a 24.
Old 22nd July 2014
Here for the gear

Thanks David. I'll need to get the exact figure though otherwise someone will get a nasty frieght bill along with their desk if I dont get it bang on.

Appreciated though
Old 23rd July 2014
Here for the gear

me want one...

mmm... I'm looking for a QM3 16 channel if anyone has one! But I'm in the USA...
Old 24th July 2014
Here for the gear

gotta be a 16 supermonster? Got a 24 channel with a few potential buyers considering purchasing but no ones came across with the $$$ yet so its technically for sale.
Old 13th August 2014
Lives for gear

Hey Fellas,Anyone have any spare CM2 faders lying about?..bit of a long shot I know..but please pm me if you do..
Old 24th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanriffic View Post
Hey Fellas,Anyone have any spare CM2 faders lying about?..bit of a long shot I know..but please pm me if you do..
They're Audiofad faders, made in Bournemouth, UK. I think they may still be around, so give them a call to see. Then again, this might be an old listing:

Audiofad : BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, , BH5

Cheers
Old 24th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Facta View Post
They're Audiofad faders, made in Bournemouth, UK. I think they may still be around, so give them a call to see. Then again, this might be an old listing:

Audiofad : BOURNEMOUTH, DORSET, , BH5

Cheers

Awesome !..thanks Mo,will give them a try
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Addict

Ok guys, I need some advice.

I have a QM1 that needs a bunch of work. It's been sitting at one of my tech buddies for about a year and a half with nothing to show for it yet. I think they guy may have forgotten about it. It needs the following done:

1. Master section faders installed.
2. PPM driver cards for the PPM meters.
3. C25 compressor cards fabricated and built.
4. Power supply refurb.
5. Probably a recap.

The channels work and the EQs work so I have a few questions...

1. Would it be worth going through all the trouble to refurbish this console? I already own a pristine CM2 that I love to death.
2. In it's current condition, how much do think is a reasonable price to ask?
3. In refurbed condition, what is it worth? It's got twelve mic/line channels (12-4-2).
4. Do you think it would be worth my while to just pull the preamps and EQs out and rack them? Might be easier than refurbing the whole console at this point.

Here's a pic of how it looks currently:

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 5th September 2014
Gear Addict

Anyone?
Old 5th September 2014
Lives for gear

Hi
If you want to keep it, kick the tech and get it done.
I think if you are wanting to sell I would suggest not 'refurbishing' before as it's new owner might want to customise it while refurbing. Less cost to you as refurbing properly might be expensive and you may not get that back in a sale.
Matt S
Old 7th September 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks, Matt.

Not worth pulling the pre/EQ modules out and racking them?

Cheers
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Hi
You are probably nearer to getting a working desk than having a 'rack' of modules since it almost there anyway.
Matt S
Old 8th September 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks Matt, you're probably right.

Cheers
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Hi again.
From your list I think only the 'master section faders NEED to be sorted out. The meters, handy but not essential, compressors, could manage without at least for now.
PSU refurb, If it works OK now then it could wait too. Recap, there is some benefit but if it WORKS now not essential.
If you can solder carefully, some things can be done by you. Much of it is 'replacement' so if you can solder without destroying things (mostly practice and care while working) it's future should be good.
Be brave and take charge of it yourself!
Matt S
Old 25th November 2014
I have just picked up this Chilton M-10 mk2 from eBay here in the UK, could do with a schematic for sure but haven't managed to locate one! It's cool have got the mid booster on the top of the first 6 channels.

I was hoping to do a mod to get direct outs on all the channels so this desk could be more versatile for recording, any thoughts on that? Also I wanted to put in little LED's to show when the channels are peaking... Love this little guy!

Old 25th November 2014
Lives for gear

Hi
I think the internal operating level will be lower than usual interface levels so adding direct outs may be more fun than you anticipate unless you consider them to be '-10dB' levels. The maximum signal level on these desks with 'only' 24 Volt supply is +18dBu.
Adding 'peak' lights would require some little circuits making up but not overly difficult.
Matt S
Old 25th November 2014
Gear Addict

here mine

[IMG]_DSC7328 by yannickstamand, on Flickr[/IMG]

I tracked and mixed the latest album from my band on it! Love the preamp!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0j4ILsaoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDdJss8WcU

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search