The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chilton console appreciation...(with audio clip) Consoles
Old 20th January 2019
Here for the gear
hello benoit

c est une 12 avec 4 tranches semi paramétriques, 4 compresseurs;
Donc il me manques 2 tranches normales, elle a été recapées il y a qq années mails j ai des pannes un peu partout....l alime me lache par intermittence.....j adore cette console, je l ai acheté aussi car je me mets a l électronique !
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etonio37 View Post
Hello

Just bought a QM1 chilton, missing 2 channels (1&2).
the question is, do somebody know were i can find some spare ?
I also need the schematics, i have downloaded the QM3 schematics but it s quite different .....
notice that i saw the links for schematics but they re seems not to work anymore...

thanks for your reply.

best regards from from france

Antoine
Can't help with spare channels but I might be able to help a bit with the schematics. Nilsnils did post most of the QM1 service manual on Dec. 17 to dropbox. Are you able to access that? It's missing some things but there is quite a bit of crossover between the QM1 and Qm3 so the QM3 manual is useful as well.

The channel module schematics are identical (as far as I can tell) for the standard modules. Not sure about the parametric ones as the console I worked on didn't have any of those. Channel routing modules and summing amps appear to be identical as well, so QM3 PCB A, B and C schematics are applicable to the QM1.

Neither manual has the correct line amp or C25 compressor schematics for the QM1. I can post the line amp schematic that I traced back from the PCB layout later on but I don't have the C25 compressor one. There is one of those not working on the console I've been working on so if I can't find the schematic anywhere I may have to reverse engineer that as well.

The overall/routing schematic in the QM1 manual Nilsnils posted is much closer to what is in the QM1 I've been working on than the one in the QM3 manual but there may be some small differences here and there.

Hope this was at least somewhat helpful.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 23rd January 2019
This could be helpful ...
Attached Thumbnails
Chilton console appreciation...(with audio clip)-c25.jpg  

Last edited by DavidChampoux; 24th January 2019 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: typo...
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChampoux View Post
This maybe be helpful ...
Oh man, you don't know how helpful. I was dreading tracing it out from the PCB. Thanks so much for posting it!

Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Chilton QM3 fader ref

Hi Guys

Just got my hands on a QM3 16/8/16/2 with parametrics and 8 comps.
All nice but faders have been changed by previous owner and might not be the right log ref as 90% of the fader doesn't affect the volume by much than say 3db, the last low centimeter contains all the loss of signal and once full closed doesn't cut the sound... not very practical!!!

Also one tape return pan pot is missing.

Can anyone help with those info/ref and maybe where to find those parts?

The desk looks great and seem to perform well. It will need a good clean and a bit of love to run fine but it is already really clean!

Would be awesome to have it 100% working!

I'll hook it to my studer A80 2"/16 mkIV and I'll be fine!!!!

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi Benoit
Sounds like they have 'cheated' and fitted the faders upside down. A linear fader would give 6dB down at half way point.
Many of these desks were built for the BBC and had faders 'upside down' (the scales is usually 0 - 30) although might also be +10--70/off but inverted.
The P+G faders won't always simply reverse as the older types 1500/1100 series are not symmetrical mechanically.
Best
Matt S
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks Matt

I've red that there are many different versions, also reversed BBC ones...
Mine has "new" Alps K 10kOhms faders on channels, Group Outs, Remix master fader and Audiofad on Aux Rtn with -70/off > 0 (which is actually +10 as unity is at -10 right?) faceplates.

Strangely the Alps faders have a coherent course on the remix fader and cut properly once off but they don't behave correctly on channels.

David Champoux told me he had P&G 1120 22kOhms on his QM1 channels faders.
I don't know if it would be correct to assume QM1 and QM3 use the same faders?...

Can anyone with the same setup can tell me what faders are in place in his console and in case where I could find them? Because it's not gonna be fun mixing with that kind of faders...

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search