The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tonelux automation... how is it?
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Head

Tonelux automation... how is it?

Hi!

Has anybody have any experiance with it? Is it even out yet? Anyone atleast tried it yet? :D:D:D

Man I have sooo much more questions abut Tonelux... I was seriously thinking of building something very simmilar to its automation myself... but Tonelux seems soooo much sexier...

Has anybody even heard it in a mixing session or simmilar? with more than two channels going through...
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Head

Nobody has any experiance?!

I know that Mr.Wolf is incredible and all. The idea with modular design in this form is incredible IMHO, but after reading posts about NEVE 8816, I wouldn't trust something just because of it's name...

I mostly got the feeling that Tonelux is right next to NEVE and SSL quality-wise...
But is it?

Mr. Wolf, absolutley NO disrespect to you, I'm just eager to hear any real-world experiance...You're more than welcome to give some input on what will the automation be like...

Are the faders touch-sensitive? Are they stereo or mono, or just stereo?

What would be the limit number of channels?

will it work with Cubase?
Old 31st May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulFood
Nobody has any experiance?!

I know that Mr.Wolf is incredible and all. The idea with modular design in this form is incredible IMHO, but after reading posts about NEVE 8816, I wouldn't trust something just because of it's name...
I agree, a good policy for sure.

Quote:
I mostly got the feeling that Tonelux is right next to NEVE and SSL quality-wise...
But is it?
So far that seems to be the reports but as always you have to try them in your place with your ears, no one can make that decision but you.

Quote:
Mr. Wolf, absolutley NO disrespect to you, I'm just eager to hear any real-world experiance...You're more than welcome to give some input on what will the automation be like...

Are the faders touch-sensitive? Are they stereo or mono, or just stereo?
I am pretty sure that the faders are going to be touch sensitive. The idea is that the faders are run off of the I/O that you would normally use for your DAW control surface, what ever your DAW does with a control surface it will do with the Tonelux stuff.

As far as stereo and mono this is all about the Tonelux hardware that you get. The faders work with the modules in the VRack so what the fader is controlling in the VRack will determine stereo or mono. I think the thing you are missing is that the Tonelux automation is really used to let the DAW software control the Tonelux hardware in the VRack.

Quote:
What would be the limit number of channels?
The number of faders you have in your fader rack, the number of modules you have in your VRack and the number of VRacks you have.

Quote:
will it work with Cubase?
From what Paul has said to me when I asked about Samplitude it will work with any DAW that can work with an external control surface / fader pack. Will Cubase work with an external control surface like a Mackie?
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Head

Thx for the reply not_so_new!!!!

I guess only time will tell, how good Tonelux really is...

I'm a little confused about Tonelux automation and Cubase... I'm not shure, but I think that SSL AWS only controlls 8 fadres in cubase... Or is it some other control surface/mixer, that COULD controll more, bot doesn't...

But then again, ID controller works pretty well...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search