The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who racks SSL 502 EQ's?
Old 29th May 2006
Lives for gear

Who racks SSL 502 EQ's?

I can get 12 502 ssl eq's and want them badly but who would rack them for me? I cant find anyone except the guy overseas. I want US guy....

let me know!
Old 29th May 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Look up Helsing on this board. He racked and sold up a bunch of Sphere EQ's a while back and they looked very very nice. He is the fellow that helped Peter at A-Designs design their new pres.

www.helsingaudio.com

There is also David Marquette from Marquette Audio Labs. He has racked vintage German gear like Telefunken, Neumann and Siemens as well as Neve, Calrec, and Audix for years. I have some of his stuff and it is quite nice. He is also the man behind Mercury recording gear. I'm sure he can rack those EQ's for you as well.

www.marquetteaudiolabs.com

There is also Brian Roth that frequents the board here and now moderates the TapeOp DIY forum.
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

THE SSL guy!

I can highly recommend Bruce and his crew at The Desk Doctor.

VERY trust-worthy and knows everything about every SSL desk. On the side, he'll usually take on pretty much any custom project and either he or one of his guys will do it. In fact, he had plans for racking the 502's and 510's, already has CAD drawings, etc.

Give 'em a call and tell them I sent you his way, he'll be good to ya. (He's building a custom desk for me now)

http://www.deskdoctor.com/

Good guys. Really. (And this is coming from the guy who has already delt extensively with "that guy" over-seas. Not good)

-andrews

DIRTY HALO www.dirtyhalo.com
Old 30th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Halo
I can highly recommend Bruce and his crew at The Desk Doctor.

VERY trust-worthy and knows everything about every SSL desk. On the side, he'll usually take on pretty much any custom project and either he or one of his guys will do it. In fact, he had plans for racking the 502's and 510's, already has CAD drawings, etc.

Give 'em a call and tell them I sent you his way, he'll be good to ya. (He's building a custom desk for me now)

http://www.deskdoctor.com/

Good guys. Really. (And this is coming from the guy who has already delt extensively with "that guy" over-seas. Not good)

-andrews

DIRTY HALO www.dirtyhalo.com
Yes, Bruce would do a good job... But, I suggest you get a quote on that racking job before buying those 12 x EQ's... The rack job is going to be BIG BUCKS! And, if they don't have balanced cards (I can't remember the model #)... you're in for big problems. Do a search on 5000 modules.
Old 30th May 2006
Lives for gear

http://www.recycledaudio.co.uk/products.html

Keith Skerret ex SSL employee. Same as Bruce.
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217
Who racks SSL 502 EQs?
Answer: a fool...

Allright, no offence intended, but I just couldn't resist a cheap shot.

More seriously, apart from the excellent suggestions already given, why not give SSL a call in NY or LA? They might have some suggestions too. And they won't try to sell you new ones or spares in this particular case ;-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search