The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just got my Heritage Audio 1073/500 Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 16th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post

QUESTION for Heritage Audio or anybody who wants to pitch in.
I know the 1073 has 2 input gains MIC and LINE. Why do the two OFF positions of the gain work as OFF in both position when I set the pre to MIC? In other words, if I have the pre set to MIC I get no signal between 40 and 50, is it normal?
Does anybody care to explain the Gain Knob numbers please?
Thank you so much.

Bas
These are functional positions ( that are indeed OFF ), avoiding loud pops to happen when switching from LINE to MIC and from 40 to 45 dB gain in MIC mode.
Old 16th November 2013
Lives for gear

6 pages and no shootout. Honestly i love hearing peoples impressions bit since you are modelling vintage units you must have them laying around. Audio or it didnt happen!
Old 16th November 2013
Gear Addict

thanks for reply...

just another question: your DMA73 had front DI input... 500 module not.
you've been forced to room limitation or just to recreate the exact vintage design ?

nickelironsteel, +1

i suppose there at HA has some stacked vintage module to make some kind of comparison ... please do it we want to listen!
Old 16th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Audio View Post
These are functional positions ( that are indeed OFF ), avoiding loud pops to happen when switching from LINE to MIC and from 40 to 45 dB gain in MIC mode.
I don't know why it would pop going from 40 to 45 dB gain but I'm happy to know my pre is behaving correctly. This pre is a life changer, I didn't know preamps could be so important in the chain, I can't wait to get another one.
Old 16th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I don't know why it would pop going from 40 to 45 dB gain but I'm happy to know my pre is behaving correctly. This pre is a life changer, I didn't know preamps could be so important in the chain, I can't wait to get another one.
Thanks!
Old 16th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Audio View Post
Thanks!
Do i feel ignored or what?
Old 16th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
If anyone around Boston has gotten one yet, I would love to A/B with my AML ez1073. Thanks!
offer stands
Old 17th November 2013
Lives for gear

I could run a source through a couple of vintage ones for tone comparisons
Old 9th February 2014
Gear Nut

Hi guys

Hi guys,

thought i'd chime in here in this thread.

Just wanted to say how impressed I have been with this unit (1073/500) over the last year and a half, it has been an absolute pleasure to own and has been used extensively on every project I have worked on during this period. When, on occasion, I have hired my studio out to other producers/engineers I have heard nothing but praise for the unit.

I won't go into detail with regard to sound and comparisons as this has been extensively covered here, but I frequently use well maintained vintage 1073/1084 modules and I have used this alongside and at times in place of them (when moving between studios) and have always felt that it holds up to the originals in every respect. Stick any vocal mic into this and follow it up with an La2a or Distressor to taste, and the sound is always pretty much there. It also gets used extensively on snare drum whenever I track drums at my room. If I am mixing, the EQ always gets used via the line input (usually vocals or bass).
I keep it in a portable lunchbox so I can cart it around with me to wherever I need to be, and I can't imagine doing without it.

I don't want to badmouth offerings from other companies here, but I tried all the obvious alternatives and while all of them were pretty good, I felt they were a step down from the vintage units. I bought the 1073/500 without hearing it after speaking with HA on the phone (there were none available in the UK at the time), and it was a blind purchase that most definitely paid off!

This thing makes my job easier, and thus it gets my vote. Great customer service & communication from the guys at Heritage as well. Will definitely be following up with some more HA500 series units very soon...

Tom Fuller
Old 19th June 2015
I have a dead 73jr after two months with it. No output unless cranked and then it's a rumble fart tone. I don't have any responses yet from Heritage about repair but does anyone know my options? I love the pre and my clients want it working! Help? Using a Lindell 506.
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear

Contact the dealer?
Old 19th June 2015
I did and was sent to a distributor rep for Heritage with no reply.
Old 19th June 2015
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Contact the dealer?
Absolutely, or the USA distributor who is quite responsive to issues if your dealer is not.

War
Old 19th June 2015
Lives for gear

Keep in mind they are in Spain so allow a day or two for them to get back to you.
They are fantastic, don't worry, they'll get back to you.
Old 19th June 2015
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoltStudios View Post
I did and was sent to a distributor rep for Heritage with no reply.
I PM'd you, if you want to hit me back with details I am in touch with the USA distributor 24/7 and can try to help speed a response along.

War
Old 19th June 2015
Just in case someone sees my issues and doubts the '73jr, it is by FAR the best pre I have and I love it on just about everything. I'm sure I've gotten a unit that just needed more love!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search