Allison Gain Brains and Keypex's to the right on top

Urie La4's

604e's out of view

auratones and CSG'd table radio as nearfields
That's a BIG stop watch!

/Cojo
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks! A treat for us ED/Sphere collectors. I've never seen a Sphere with a qwerty keyboard. What kind of automation was the "C" running?

If you get a chance, share with us a list of the records you guys cut there on those boards.
Old 26th May 2006
Motown legend

It'll scare people!
Old 26th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKden
Thanks! A treat for us ED/Sphere collectors. I've never seen a Sphere with a qwerty keyboard. What kind of automation was the "C" running?

If you get a chance, share with us a list of the records you guys cut there on those boards.
the Qwerty and the LED strips over the fader buckets were an early attempt at track labeling associated with tape based session data..

it was VCA based on optical info from striped plastic strips if remember correctly..i know it was vca and i know we had optical strip faders on some of our boards just not 100% sure it was on that board and tend to not say with impunity that which i am not at least certain of..

the Sphere ran HOT i forget the designer and his son's name who built it [ think don mclaughlin] but he was known for taking things to the limits..

I Known Nick Colleran from SONIX acoustic tiles had a Sphere series console in his studio in the day..i just popped some balloons with him in an auditorium to gank room acoustics for a redo and we spoke about them. Don, Jeep, Rupert, etc visonaries and biz men

Disco inferno Trammps, La la means I love you, Cowboys to Girls...OJay's for the Love of Money, Young Americans David Bowie , Lou Rawles "You'll Never Find", Billy Paul "Me and Misses Jones: etc Philly Sound Stuff was cut on the Electrodyne i remember as a teenager talking to Eddie Kramer and Tony Visconti during the Bowie sessions [ did a live radio concert with Bowie as an eng years later in the same room although this time with a 8078]

the SPHERE was my early baby as a first eng and i did alot of dance mixes on it, George Benson Yellow Jackets, Five Star, Germaine Jackson, Sheena Easton, Millie Jackson etc etc ..from the good old days of 45 deg tape splices and early digital echo
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hello Michael
Welcome to Gearslutz!
Nice shot of Studio 1 w/Sphere.
Seems like yesterday watching the likes of Jim Gallagher, Carl Perulo, Dirk Devlin and Pete Humphries behind the Sphere and just itching to be a part. Who knew we'd end up living in that room for a few years Do you have any pics with the 8078?
Better yet....the crane delivering the 8078?

Hey! speaking of SOP. Kenny Gamble called me a few weeks ago. Reminded me of a song we cut in studio 1 with T. Bell on piano, K. Gamble singing, RC on keys and myself on drums. Mr. Gamble wrote a song about the Statue of Liberty when it was being renovated. Titled "Liberty". I happened to have a cassette recording of it. Was that you engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGMA
the Qwerty and the LED strips over the fader buckets were an early attempt at track labeling associated with tape based session data..

it was VCA based on optical info from striped plastic strips if remember correctly..i know it was vca and i know we had optical strip faders on some of our boards just not 100% sure it was on that board and tend to not say with impunity that which i am not at least certain of..

the Sphere ran HOT i forget the designer and his son's name who built it [ think don mclaughlin] but he was known for taking things to the limits..

I Known Nick Colleran from SONIX acoustic tiles had a Sphere series console in his studio in the day..i just popped some balloons with him in an auditorium to gank room acoustics for a redo and we spoke about them. Don, Jeep, Rupert, etc visonaries and biz men

Disco inferno Trammps, La la means I love you, Cowboys to Girls...OJay's for the Love of Money, Young Americans David Bowie , Lou Rawles "You'll Never Find", Billy Paul "Me and Misses Jones: etc Philly Sound Stuff was cut on the Electrodyne i remember as a teenager talking to Eddie Kramer and Tony Visconti during the Bowie sessions [ did a live radio concert with Bowie as an eng years later in the same room although this time with a 8078]

the SPHERE was my early baby as a first eng and i did alot of dance mixes on it, George Benson Yellow Jackets, Five Star, Germaine Jackson, Sheena Easton, Millie Jackson etc etc ..from the good old days of 45 deg tape splices and early digital echo
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cojo
That's a BIG stop watch!

/Cojo
Yes, that is where bands first started "watching the clock."
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Sigma Pictures

If you want to see more pictures of Sigma here is the link:

http://www.studiologicsound.com/Sigma.htm

I think it is every room in Philly and NYC and even 309 S. Broad.

Enjoy
Old 1st June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioLogic
If you want to see more pictures of Sigma here is the link:

http://www.studiologicsound.com/Sigma.htm

I think it is every room in Philly and NYC and even 309 S. Broad.

Enjoy
great pics ..you have more of sigma than me!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search