The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is the Apogee PSX-100se the ultimate "analog" sounding converter?
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Is the Apogee PSX-100se the ultimate "analog" sounding converter?

I haven't heard one, but the description of the 100se sounds like what I need/want. Is there anything in this price range that would compete with the 100se for that "analog" sound? I'm not looking necessarily for a transparent converter, ala Mytek, but one that apparently does what the 100se does.

I know it's older technology, but isn't it a great technology worth keeping/buying?

I only need 2 channels, and this description sounds perfect. What do you all think?

"The end result noticed most by owners is improved sound quality, including better imaging, tighter bottom end and a smoother high mid range.

Special Edition listeners generally find that audio imaging is more clearly defined and sounds more tightly localized. Instruments sound more sharp and focused, while mixes have additional depth and spatiality. Sounds with powerful transients such as drums and percussion are presented with greater attack and realism, while low-frequency information is rendered with more confidence and fullness."
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

The Apogee Rosetta 200 sounds a LOT better in my experience, and does super cool sample rate conversion, etc.

$1700 or less new.

dont buy old converters, i say, unless you are on a tight budget

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search