The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
10 Best recording studios in the world? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 24th October 2012
  #121
Gear Addict
 
Mo Facta's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
Do you have any idea the size and materials that would have to go into a structure for a 91 million price tag?

Didn`t think so.
I get the feeling you are skeptical.

I assure you. This is what it cost. Keep in mind EVERYTHING was custom made and imported. This at a time our currency was many to the dollar. It was a massive triple full size studio facility and includes a large resort.

The studio was ranked in the top 5 worldwide at the time, too.

It was simply a huge failure.

Cheers
Old 24th October 2012
  #122
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Facta View Post
I get the feeling you are skeptical.

I assure you. This is what it cost. Keep in mind EVERYTHING was custom made and imported. This at a time our currency was many to the dollar. It was a massive triple full size studio facility and includes a large resort.

The studio was ranked in the top 5 worldwide at the time, too.

It was simply a huge failure.

Cheers
Yeah, I guess if you throw a resort into the mix....

but we`re talking recording studio though, aren`t we?

What did the studio cost?

eb
Old 25th October 2012
  #123
Gear Addict
 
Mo Facta's Avatar
I'm sure it cost the bulk of it but I don't have the exact figure. I can find out if you really wanna know.

Cheers
Old 25th October 2012
  #124
Lives for gear
 
Ernest Buckley's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Facta View Post
I'm sure it cost the bulk of it but I don't have the exact figure. I can find out if you really wanna know.

Cheers
Yes, please do, I may want to buy it.
Old 20th February 2014
  #125
Lives for gear
Blackbird? Don't they own like every mic and have their own reverb chamber?
Old 20th February 2014
  #126
Lives for gear
 
mattcollen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezyanna View Post
Title Says it all
Blackbird has to be 1 by 30 to 40 U47s and C12s :p
Old 20th February 2014
  #127
Lives for gear
 

My manager set me up to have a tour of the recently re-opened Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum/Netherlands.

I'd place it in the absolute top.

https://www.facebook.com/WisseloordStudio
Old 20th February 2014
  #128
Lives for gear
 

East West, Oceanway, Abbey Road, The Village, Avatar, Studio City Sound, The Halo, Clear Lake Audio, Boom Boom Room, Studio 606
Old 20th February 2014
  #129
The thread represents some of the best commercial recording studios but I'll bet a few private ones would make the top ten.
Old 20th February 2014
  #130
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerico12 View Post
East West, Oceanway, Abbey Road, The Village, Avatar, Studio City Sound, The Halo, Clear Lake Audio, Boom Boom Room, Studio 606
I would put The Bridge above at least on of those.
Old 20th February 2014
  #131
Well!

While I love my own, I think that this one is not too shoddy!.:-)

Mick Jagger's new music studio: Paul Allen's megayacht - GeekWire
Old 21st February 2014
  #132
Lives for gear
 

Blackbird for the USA
British Grove for the UK
Old 21st February 2014
  #133
Lives for gear
 
Space1999's Avatar
 

I hope that Focusrite console in South Africa is safe and secure! I have terrible visions of console parts being carried away by small creatures on the desert floor.

Like some bad scene in Star Wars on Tattooine...what were those scavengers called again? God my memory is shot!
Old 21st February 2014
  #134
Lives for gear
 
jindrich's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmec View Post
While I love my own, I think that this one is not too shoddy!.:-)

Mick Jagger's new music studio: Paul Allen's megayacht - GeekWire
Here's the studio inside the boat:


Old 19th March 2014
  #135
Gear Maniac
 
Flagfoot's Avatar
while I was at Manifold I asked Gary Husband if he had recorded at Real World and he said (as well as I can remember,) "yeah, it was sort of weird. I like this place better."

Made me smile as I've always thought Real World was one of the coolest.
Old 20th March 2014
  #136
Gear Nut
 

damn !! so many beautiful places but nobody mentionned fairfax recordings
Old 20th March 2014
  #137
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1999 View Post
I hope that Focusrite console in South Africa is safe and secure! I have terrible visions of console parts being carried away by small creatures on the desert floor.

Like some bad scene in Star Wars on Tattooine...what were those scavengers called again? God my memory is shot!
Haha, I thought of that one as well.

The BOP Studios Story
Old 20th March 2014
  #138
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
My manager set me up to have a tour of the recently re-opened Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum/Netherlands.

I'd place it in the absolute top.

https://www.facebook.com/WisseloordStudio
I've done countless sessions for the past 36 years in that place and it is one of the best studio's I've worked in.
Old 20th March 2014
  #139
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonslave View Post
91 M?
Common that probably cost 15 mil tops. No one would take a 90 million dollar loss.....unless the floors and walls were made out of gold no....especially being in the middle of the desert where property isn't very much going by the recent sale....
Socialist government threw $$$ at it..
(Most ended up in peoples pockets, I'm thinking)



[Link to other site removed by mod]

Last edited by [email protected]; 23rd March 2014 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Link to another forum.
Old 21st March 2014
  #140
Lives for gear
 
themaidsroom's Avatar
 

sear sound is great and is booked all the time.
Old 22nd March 2014
  #141
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balou View Post
I've done countless sessions for the past 36 years in that place and it is one of the best studio's I've worked in.
Have you done work there since it has been reopened?

Truly great studio. Already the monitoring makes me jealous (Studio 1&2 PMC 5.1 system with BB5-XBD for LCR and MB2-XBD for the surrounds).
Old 22nd March 2014
  #142
Gear Maniac
 
mistervenable's Avatar
 

Oceanway, Blackbird, Conway...
Old 24th March 2014
  #143
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
Have you done work there since it has been reopened?

Truly great studio. Already the monitoring makes me jealous (Studio 1&2 PMC 5.1 system with BB5-XBD for LCR and MB2-XBD for the surrounds).
Sorry for the late response, kosmokrator. I've been extremely busy the past couple of days.

No, I haven't recorded there since they reopenend. I do most of my session work from my home these days. However, one of the staff engineers is a personal friend of mine so I can go there anytime. It's only a 30 minute drive from my place. As soon as I have a bit more time I will go over there and check the new place out.
Old 9th April 2014
  #144
Here for the gear
 
undersmusic's Avatar
 

Wisseloord Studios

I would say the Wisseloord Studios in Holland.

www.wisseloord.nl
Old 17th April 2014
  #145
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFrederick View Post
Serenity West Studios in Hollywood.


Serenity West Recording

I must admit though.. I do work there.. haha
Whooooaaa~!!!!

Hey do you guys take interns??
Old 2nd January 2015
  #146
Gear Head
 
LegacyMix's Avatar
"A great studio shall not live by gear alone but by every engineer whom receiveth Grammy's and triple platinum from his previous works."
Old 3rd January 2015
  #147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space1999 View Post
Like some bad scene in Star Wars on Tattooine...what were those scavengers called again? God my memory is shot!


Music scoring studio | Alvernia Studios
Old 3rd January 2015
  #148
Lives for gear
The criteria for measuring the top ten studios is not clear. Hence, the answers are subjective and relative.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Remoteness / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
27
Paul_G / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
12
justpushplay / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
16
Remoteness / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
15
Y-Studios / So Much Gear, So Little Time
77

Forum Jump
Forum Jump