The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Big Knobs
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Big Knobs

I am talking about the Gama 8. Before I picked up my Gama 8 I thought the large knobs looked cool. After getting used to using this piece of equipment I am finding that the layout is the most ergonomic preamp that I own. Ergonomics really starts to matter to me when I am being musician and recording engineer at the same time. The more that the equipment demands fine motor skill the more I am destracted from playing my instrument and being musically creative. Some of the best sounding equipment I own has little knobs that require paying attention when manipulating. Not the Gama 8.

This reminds me off the toys that I used to get my infant-- big knob and dials. The babies just don't have the fine motor skill. I sort of feel infantile when I am trying to play music and engineer my own material. The large knobs makes it easier.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search