The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Brauner VM1 lite
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Head

Brauner VM1 lite

Are there any Brauner VM1 Lite users out there? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm not able to try it at this time. Thanks.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard
Are there any Brauner VM1 Lite users out there? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm not able to try it at this time. Thanks.
what is this LITE vsn you speak of?
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Head

Brauner VM1 Lite

This is from the Pro Audio Canada site "For those who require only cardioid and omni the VM1 Lite is also available. The VM1 Lite offers the VM1 microphone with a different power supply which allows selection of cardioid and omni patterns." I haven't seen it anywhere else but it sure looks tempting. heh
Old 24th May 2006
Trp
Gear Addict

Yes, I own a VM1 lite. It sounds exactly the same as VM1 in cardioid and omni. I personally don´t need more than these two choices, so for me it´s perfect. It´s also upgradeable to the full version later on.
It comes with the valvet shockmount, not the regular VM1 schockmount, but I don´t mind that either...

I think it´s great value
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

VM1 Lite was an idea Dirk and I cooked up to get cost down; put the Valvet power supply and shock mount with a VM1; enable an upgrade to full VM1 later. Dirk made this happen back in 1998/1999 or so, we sold them in the US as the Vm1U. Sold a fair number of them too.
Brad
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lunde
VM1 Lite was an idea Dirk and I cooked up to get cost down; put the Valvet power supply and shock mount with a VM1; enable an upgrade to full VM1 later. Dirk made this happen back in 1998/1999 or so, we sold them in the US as the Vm1U. Sold a fair number of them too.
Brad
Can you still buy them, and at what cost?

thanks
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut

Hi Brad,
does Brauner still make other mic? I went to TransAudio group and LasVegas Pro audio and only see the KHE mic, nothing else on the VM-1U or any other ones. Any pointer to other mic and price?
thanks
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

and..... I thought the KHE was discontinued?

awesome mic!
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuby
Hi Brad,
does Brauner still make other mic? I went to TransAudio group and LasVegas Pro audio and only see the KHE mic, nothing else on the VM-1U or any other ones. Any pointer to other mic and price?
thanks
Brauner has changed their worldwide sales method and we resigned Brauner some months ago based on these changes. We are very sorry to see it all go but change is what this business is all about. You need to contact SEA in Germany for Brauner now. The KHE and Valvet Voice, both mics Dirk built for us, are at the end of their production. Only 100 KHE's total.

Its a very sad day indeed!

Brad
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lunde
The KHE and Valvet Voice, both mics Dirk built for us, are at the end of their production. Only 100 KHE's total.

Its a very sad day indeed!

Brad
Give me that last one. heh
It's easy to foresee how used market will wind up prices for KHE.
Excellent mic, actually the best mic manufactured last 40 years
Old 25th May 2006
Still very glad I got a Valvet Voice while they were available. You did a great job introducing Brauner to the US and guiding the product positioning, Brad.

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Old 4th September 2010
Here for the gear

VM-1 Lite for Sale

I just found this old thread and I hope it's ok to post this here.

If anyone is interested, please email me at [email protected] for more details and pictures.

Mic is about 8 years old, recently serviced and has never left my smoke-free home studio in Northern California.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search