The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reamping question
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head
Reamping question

I've been reamping my bass for years by sending a line level signal from my interface straight into the "amplifier input" (post preamp) in my amp. Works great. I've had quite a few instances where I've needed to reamp a direct electric guitar signal lately, and I'm not sure what the best way to do it is. Is it as simple as buying one of those cheap high-to-low impedance converters (XLR-TS) and running the line-level into the instrument input on the amp, or will that still yield an impedance or level mismatch since those are intended to plug a MIC level into an instrument level? Thanks in advance for your time and wisdom!

-Brett
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

www.reamp.com this explains the history of the problem and provides a solution.

The solution is patented. I believe the Radial Xamp is a legally liscensed reamp box. I like Radial stuff, and I believe the steel boxes they use give better protection against magnetic hum fields than aluminium boxes.

There are a few other reamp boxes, which somehow get around the patent issue - possibly by compromising something. I'm not a fan of lot's of unnecessary switches in a signal path, so the little boxes that can switch between DI and reamp aren't my cup of tea.
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Head
Thanks Kiwiburger!

I realized two things quickly after posting. . . .

1) This topic has been discussed quite a bit before. I should have browsed longer before posting. Looked into the "reamp". Seems perfect.

2) I should have posted in "So Much Gear So Little Time". . . . My apologies. Please return to discussing equipment that I can't afford
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear
just get any old DI and run it backwards

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search