The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Waldorf Waldorf Waldorf
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Waldorf Waldorf Waldorf Waldorf

I just got off the phone with the manager of Waldorf in Germany !!!!! this guy is mad cool, we had 30 min talk on all the process and coming back , these guys had alot of mess to get Waldorf back and alot of funds to collect , anyway for the good news !!!!! ....

theres 2 brand new synths thats coming out in around 3 monthes from now, he dident say alot but they should be monsters, one full analog and the other should be a advanced model of the XT ....

at the moment they producing the Q+, Q and Rack attack on spacial orders and it will take 4-8 weeks to produce and ship those synths ....

im placing an order today for a Q+ !!!!! im so happy !!!!!!!!!!! Access here we come !!!!
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=Nemesys] and the other should be a advanced model of the XT ....

QUOTE]

OK - THAT just got my attention. A bigger badder version of the XT would be GREAT. Biggest single improvement would be allowing you to use two separate wavetables for the separate oscs, not just different scannings of the same wavetable. Second biggest would be more versatile filter routings - parallel, serial, and a variable (and modulatable) mix between the two (like on the Q). This could be a very cool synth if they do it right.

DP
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Dave Peck]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesys
and the other should be a advanced model of the XT ....

QUOTE]

OK - THAT just got my attention. A bigger badder version of the XT would be GREAT. Biggest single improvement would be allowing you to use two separate wavetables for the separate oscs, not just different scannings of the same wavetable. Second biggest would be more versatile filter routings - parallel, serial, and a variable (and modulatable) mix between the two (like on the Q). This could be a very cool synth if they do it right.

DP
well , the last thing he sad that Waldorf would come back BIG but they need time as they still pulling the company up ... the main next project will be the new XT ... hope it will be just like were expecting ...
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

Better effects for the XT would also be a plus, not to mention an easier way to navigate it without having to go through those sub menus...
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I like and have lot of old and new synths.
Waldorf offers in the past were more or less good, but in some cases not fully functionally finished products, as well as, lacking (at least to my ears) that 'real' sound, sometimes overly bright or even thin.
Let us hope Waldorf will bring really something new on the table.
By the way it's not high end subject at all.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang
I like and have lot of old and new synths.
Waldorf offers in the past were more or less good, but in some cases not fully functionally finished products, as well as, lacking (at least to my ears) that 'real' sound, sometimes overly bright or even thin.
Let us hope Waldorf will bring really something new on the table.
By the way it's not high end subject at all.

In Waldorf's previous heyday, weren't they one of the more expensive Virtual Analog synths out there? Weren't they like $3k 5 years ago, for a synth that really only did ONE thing? Sans some new things since Waldorf's been down, to my understanding the keyboard playing community regards Waldorf as the "cadillac" or "Lexus" of VA synths.

The prospect fo them bringing out a TRUE analog synth certainly has MY attention, and if it's poly I'm sure it won't be cheap!

Not looking to challenge you, just surprised at the statment made.
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

I had same impression that Waldorf was highly appreciated by some synthesists, anyhow, my somehow sceptical opinion is based on my experience with Q and XT among many other virtual and real analogues.
There are many synths that I would choose before Waldorf, but it doesn't mean that some wouldn't prefer that flavor for their work.
If they bring to life real polyphonic analogue that will beat VAs and add something new to what we already have, I'm first to consider it most seriously.
Re-introducing the old (even improved) line is unlikely predestined for success.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang
Re-introducing the old (even improved) line is unlikely predestined for success.
true. they need to come with somthing new in the future .
Old 23rd May 2006
Gear Addict

Well, the Microwave I was an amzing sounding synth (and actually was my very first synth too, so there you go). I never really cozied up to anything else I used of thiers, but there were quite a few I never got the opportunity to play. Anyway, I will be looking forward to seeing what they cook up for new products. Let hope its not some kind of floppy, half baked idea like that Analog Filter Bank that proved their downfall last time around. Give us an amazing sounding real analog polysynth, there is a definite lack of options among those IMO.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

itll be cool if they come out with some sort of DAW integration like access or nord modular. so editing the patches wont destroy my eyesight w/ little displays. and having same patch come up when opening a song in logic or PT>

nord integration kinda sucks cuase there is no link between the synth the editing program and the DAW (logic etc) and they re not good at keeping up with updates for mac at least.

the virus TI just sucks with all the jitter and sync problems, but defenitly the best ide
a yet.

mabe have walforf editing program be a rewire slave, but as a plugin that controls the waldorf would fullfill my dreams.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilbers
itll be cool if they come out with some sort of DAW integration like access or nord modular. so editing the patches wont destroy my eyesight w/ little displays. and having same patch come up when opening a song in logic or PT>

nord integration kinda sucks cuase there is no link between the synth the editing program and the DAW (logic etc) and they re not good at keeping up with updates for mac at least.

the virus TI just sucks with all the jitter and sync problems, but defenitly the best ide
a yet.

mabe have walforf editing program be a rewire slave, but as a plugin that controls the waldorf would fullfill my dreams.
Virus sound thumbsup , but integration sucks big time.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Ive got a micro Q and I love it but not for sounding supposedly analog(it really doesn't-even my alpha juno 1 makes it sound tiny). Its has its own sound and I use it for that. Would love to have a Q and am thrilled to see waldorf coming back.
I have to admit I wasn't willing to drop any real money because of the ridiculous level of beta testing- ie getting a micro Q instead. When a synth is released and the sequencer doesn't work (nor at the time did they guarantee a function date) as well as many other parameters... it makes you leary.
My favorite synth ever... JD990, absolutely amazing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search