The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Gearslutz Group for Tape Op Con!?
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Gearslutz Group for Tape Op Con!?

Hi folks. I've been a bit relaxed about the whole Tape Op Con thing only to find that the registration prices go up the closer you get. Luckily, I contacted Craig Schumacher, who is in charge of registration and he agreed to do a fantastic group rate if there are a group of us who'd like to register.
Old 21st May 2006
Lives for gear

Tape Op Con: You Can't Not Go

I have spoken on panels at all the Tape Op conventions in past years and I cannot stress this enough: you must go. I'm going this year just to hang out and hear what people have to say, just to enjoy the hang, really.

They should have an official slogan.

The Tape Op Convention: You Can't Not Go.

It is a wonderful, positive environment and it's terrific to be surrounded by a bunch of people who all love sound, love music, love records, love making records, love musicians, love microphones, love instruments, love...

It's a very inclusive and diverse environment: inclusive of women, inclusive of minorities, inclusive of different musics, inclusive of amateurs and professionals alike. It's not competitive, condescending, or even materialistic. You are welcome if you work on an Mbox and an SM58. You are welcome if you work with a Studer 827 and API Legacy. You are welcome if you love indie-rock, you're welcome if you love obscure electronic music, you're welcome if you love alt-country, you're welcome if you love hip-hop, you're welcome if you love mainstream music.

You're welcome.

You can't not go.

Seriously.

Go.

--- Chad
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

Sounds like fun. It'll be worth the price of admission if they have a high dive.

The group rate, by the way, is $250--the same as returning guests who registered early.
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

I'll be there.
Already booked rooms / flights...
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL*MYTEE
Sounds like fun. It'll be worth the price of admission if they have a high dive.

The group rate, by the way, is $250--the same as returning guests who registered early.
I've sent you a PM. Let me know the details about the group registration.

-Chris
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

I've got the registration form now. Anyone who's interested can e-mail me for details. There's also a reduced rate for Friday only, Saturday only, etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search