The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Looking for Sony MDR-V900 headphones
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Looking for Sony MDR-V900 headphones

Does anyone know where I can source a pair of these to replace a set in my studio that have been damaged. They are discontinued but I want the replacement to match those I already have. I've tried everywhere on the web.
Old 19th May 2006
I'm looking for these too, for a DJ friend.
someone sat on them, and the set was reduced to a pile of plastic and tinyballbearings and other parts.

Why not buy one of their other headphones I asked him.. invariably the answer is: I want those!
no arguing with that heh
What is so special about them, that you can't replace them with a slightly different pair?
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Re: Sony MDR-V900 headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil
I'm looking for these too, for a DJ friend.
someone sat on them, and the set was reduced to a pile of plastic and tinyballbearings and other parts.

Why not buy one of their other headphones I asked him.. invariably the answer is: I want those!
no arguing with that heh
What is so special about them, that you can't replace them with a slightly different pair?
I want to monitor vocal takes on exactly the same phones that the singer is using. My studio is a one room setup so I can't listen over regular monitors. A female vocalist that I record is particularily fussy about her cue mix so if I am monitioring through the same model of headphones it helps.

I've just been told that the V900 model has been replaced by V900HD model which is a little more expensive and still hard to find.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

I love these headphones and found new ones all over the internet. Search for v900 headphones in Google. Some stores say "out of stock" and some don't.
Old 19th May 2006
I'll tell that to him, thanks.
thumbsup
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

Beware, I've just been through this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells
I love these headphones and found new ones all over the internet. Search for v900 headphones in Google. Some stores say "out of stock" and some don't.

Even the stores that say they have them actually often don't. I tried ordering from 3 different web stores that claimed they had them (even confirmed by phone) but then eventually came back and said 2-3 weeks out (if ever). One even charged my CC for UPS charges and registered the shipment on their UPS software computer. A couple of days later I checked the tracking number they gave me and it said it had been cancelled. Apparently they never even shipped because surprise , surprise, they didn't have stock, but "it would in in 2 weeks"!
I cancelled ofcourse, demanded a refund, then called Amex to put the charge "in dispute"

I finally and reluctantly picked up a used pair on Ebay this afternoon, they are supposed to be in prmium condition but we'll see. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

if my memory serves me right, you can also try looking for a MDR-7509. i know V600 and 7506 are different, but the 9 series are very similar in shape and sound.

i could be dead wrong tho .

http://www.djmart.com/djgear/sonmdr75head2.html
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

i have three 7509's and they're great.
Old 19th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by limey222
Even the stores that say they have them actually often don't. I tried ordering from 3 different web stores that claimed they had them (even confirmed by phone) but then eventually came back and said 2-3 weeks out (if ever). One even charged my CC for UPS charges and registered the shipment on their UPS software computer. A couple of days later I checked the tracking number they gave me and it said it had been cancelled. Apparently they never even shipped because surprise , surprise, they didn't have stock, but "it would in in 2 weeks"!
I cancelled ofcourse, demanded a refund, then called Amex to put the charge "in dispute"

I finally and reluctantly picked up a used pair on Ebay this afternoon, they are supposed to be in prmium condition but we'll see. Good luck on your purchase.
That is exactly what happened to me with a M160 bummer that was a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblotted
if my memory serves me right, you can also try looking for a MDR-7509. i know V600 and 7506 are different, but the 9 series are very similar in shape and sound.

i could be dead wrong tho .

http://www.djmart.com/djgear/sonmdr75head2.html
That is what I keep telling him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells
i have three 7509's and they're great.
thumbsup going to check this out
when that V900 was still in one piece, it sounded really nice
hifi and silverish
what exactly do you like about the 7509?

the SONY MDR-7509/1 has my interest, but it is almost twice the price, as the 7506
Old 19th May 2006
Lives for gear

7509's are great headphones... the little but very capable brother of the v900.
Old 20th May 2006
thumbsup
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

Love my V900's as well - someone busted the plastic cap (above the folding cup), but some glue fixed it, and they still sound great! thumbsup

BTW - not selling'em!
Old 20th May 2006
Here for the gear

In search of the elusive V900's

If you can't find a pair here, you'll certainly find someone that can tell you where to look...

http://www.head-fi.org/

K<
Old 24th March 2007
I found some. PM me for info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search