The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ua M-610 ?
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHunter

Having said that, Mercenary is a company that picks and chooses the gear it sells VERY carefully and we only sell stuff we really love and believe in. We don't like it because we sell it...we sell it because we like it!
I'm confused, didn't Fletcher recently post saying the Mercenary had asked to become a UA dealer and was turned down?
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by retropete
OT, I just got a Helios 69 reissue, and that's quite a quirky piece of equipment. The gainstaging definitely needs extra care and it probably won't work on everything either. That doesn't make it an unusable piece, or "suck".
Hell yeah it don't suck! Sweet!
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend******
I'm confused, didn't Fletcher recently post saying the Mercenary had asked to become a UA dealer and was turned down?
Yeah, what happened was, when I came on-board here, they asked what lines I'd like Merc to add on. I said I like some of the UA stuff, especially the UAD-1. So, we looked in to becoming a UA dealer, but UA is having a hard time keeping up orders lately, and it was not a good time for them to take on another dealer. If I'm not mistaken, they're deeply back-ordered on things as we speak.

Fletcher is still not a fan of the UA hardware, and that's one reason we're really behind the Purple MC77, for instance. We feel it's a better 1176 than the UA reissue.
Old 24th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioscience
Just to give you an example of the 610 series being used: "Designed by Bill Putnam, the Universal Audio 610 was among the first modular recording consoles. Early Universal Audio consoles were used in all of Putnam's studios including Universal Recording in Chicago and United Western in Los Angeles...and has left its mark on countless classic recordings from Sinatra to Pet Sounds to Van Halen to LA Woman." (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/2610/)

I just recently had a chance to see Bruce Sweiden (count baise, michael jackson, frankie vallie, etc.) talk to my class. He made mention of those pres and PRAISED them. Said they're beautiful sounding. But like anything else, check it out for yourself and let YOUR ears decide.

-Matt
EARLY is the key word in that marketing crap
Old 25th May 2006
There is no need to be "defensive" about the gear we have.
Nor is being "offensive" in accussing a posters credibility useful to the topic at hand.

its not personal.

Having said that I really agree with Gearhunter on not placing too much emphasis on tube or solid state.

though opinions can be interesting,
there is nothing better then hearing.

can you try a u610 out ? what mic(s) will you be using with this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search