The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2 Questions
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Head

2 Questions

Perhaps it is not the correct place to post this but I'd like to know 1)how do you take care of the dust
2) Do you have some kind of UPS to protect your gear in case of a power loss? Is there anything in particular that you can suggest(model, price)?

Thanks in advance

Dimitris
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Dust, I wipe it up, hoover it, dust-bust it.

I only have a UPS on my computers, Absolutely HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

Dusting - well, cleaning is done every morning. At home studio and at work, there's no getting around this. Console gets vacuumed whenever possible - not in the middle of a mix. A wide, soft bristle paint brush kicks up the dust so the vacuum sucks the dirt and not the switch caps.

Have an APC on each of the protools rigs and 827's (and clients hard drives) so if anything goes, there's some time to plug the monitor and keyboard into the computer and hit save. Only had blackout twice in my career, the big one in 2002 back east, and then just last month out here when the building inspector killed the whole tower without notice to the studio. Luckily I was just leaving when everything went and killed everything at our subpanel before power was restored, and the assistants took care of their data - clients were luckily off that day.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search