The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
The best de-esser
Old 16th May 2006
The best de-esser

Well, lil freq ....has just taken te title ... the rest of it sounds honky to me on first day of playing with it but the HF and DS are worth it, that little 5% of sparkle.... it sounds better then the 902 ... and all my plugins.

mac
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Im using the one on the Focusrite ISA 220. Works great on my TLM 103. I kinda like to leave a bit of Sibilance on my vocal tracks.
Old 16th May 2006
Gear Head

I agree. Little sibilance is cool. good compressor A little desser together is cool
If you need the best people say it's great.
Old 16th May 2006
Cool

I have 2 x 902's but my favorite I ever used was the one built into the Manley VoxBox

Gotta take that Lil freq for a spin one day!
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

Haven't used it yet, but engineers in my studio are loving the new de-esser in the Digidesign Dynamics III DigiRack Plug-in Suite.
Old 16th May 2006
Lives for gear

I like the one on the Voxbox a lot too.

For plugins, I've found the UAD Multiband to be an excellent de-esser.
Old 16th May 2006
For the few times you will need dessing right now the Lil Freq is king!!thumbsup
Old 17th May 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethrillfactor
For the few times you will need dessing right now the Lil Freq is king!!thumbsup
Agreed...
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Maniac

I've only used the dbx 163 (I believe it's called) and a Valley People as far as hardware and they're both great, but I seem to remember seeing that JJ Puig said the Waves de-esser to be the best he's ever used, hard or software. It certainly does the trick for me when mixing ITB.
Old 17th May 2006
Indeed ... not every singer needs it but so far its unoticable as a de-esser and leaves all the air from the dolby without the nastinesssss. The HF does have some nice magic to it
Thanks for putting me on to this .
Old 17th May 2006
My personal favorite is Cranesong STC-8 with a hardware eq in the sidechain, but I haven't used the Lil Freq yet.
Old 17th May 2006
I got the STC-8 (lost the S/C cable) but I'd rather use it on the mix or drum buss ....
Old 17th May 2006
Gear Nut

My favorite is to draw automation around the S, step by step. But it's very time-expensive.
Old 17th May 2006
Lives for gear

I'm still in love with the SPL Deesser (not the plugin!!). As far as I know it's the only one that's not a frequencyselective comp, but a frequencyselective phaseshifter.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Hmmm. I always use the BSS DPR-402. Yeah it was designed for live sound, but it works pretty nicely! Anyone else ever use these, or am I a mutant gearslut?
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Maniac

quartet

Pendulum Quartet
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

I use the Fatso...but never had my hands on the 'Lil Freq.

Fleaman
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Severly diggin' the Lil Freq.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Wells
Severly diggin' the Lil Freq.

oooooohhhhh i want two!!!!!

Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

i have a second one on the way! Been using it on a lead vocal for a mix. Makes me happpppy.
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

UREI LA-22

Waves RenDe-esser plugin (BLASPHEMY!!!)

-dave
Old 18th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim vanBergen
Hmmm. I always use the BSS DPR-402. Yeah it was designed for live sound, but it works pretty nicely! Anyone else ever use these, or am I a mutant gearslut?
nope ur not a mutant, it's pretty good, the 4 channel unit works great too, bss makes great stuff

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search